Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clairdo2_gw

I'm not an artist but...

clairdo2
16 years ago

I just thought I'd try painting a picture with my folk art paints. I know artists are going to have a laugh but anyway i will ask what you think of this for my living room wall. It looks a bit dark i think. Any tips would be greatly appreciated .how could i brighten it up a bit.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

I think you did a terrific job and I don't think it is too dark. I can't imagine anyone laughing and if they do then I would not consider them an artist anyway. Art is a lot like that saying -"beauty is in the eye of the beholder". That's the way I see art.

You did a great job and if you like it - then that's all that matters.
    b

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Clairdo2, Welcome to the forum. I totally agree with what Painting Fool said. After all, one of the reasons for painting is to create things that we like and enjoy. Did you paint it on a canvas? Hmmm, wonder if it is possible to buy a TS picture and paint over it? Never thought about that before. Luvs

• kraftymom
    16 years ago

I think you did a great job too! I love the colors and think it looks striking against that light wall. I wouldn't change a thing!

• annabell40
    16 years ago

Hi Clairdo2,

Welcome! I've been working on something with acrylics too for 3 days now...I will post it later...I'm new to painting and new here too...can't wait to share my creations...

Anna

• clairdo2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the compliments. Maybe I'll just leave it the way it is.

• annabell40
    16 years ago

here's my latest... I got so much to learn, oh boy

Anna{{!gwi}}

• candy1954
    16 years ago

Oh,yes you are this is very nice!

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

Claire,I think you did a good job and i don't think i'd change anything either,and as someone else said it looks nice on that light wall.

You also know that we are our own worse critics,don't you?? Thats what i always tell DH.
    Kathi

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Claire....who says you aren't an artist??? I think it looks great. Are you sure that's your first project??? Seems like you knew what you wanted and went for it and it turned out great. I wouldn't change it either. I don't think it's too dark either especially if you can pick up those colors as accents in your room. I doubt anyone will laught at it, they may ask where you got it so they can get one for themselves. :)

Anna~ Your sailing painting is fresh and summery. I like it a lot. There is always something new to learn. Even some of the ladies who've been painting the longest here are always looking to learn some new way of doing things. It's fun. Keep it up.

TFS ~Anj

• oddie
    16 years ago

I love your painting also, not a artist myself but so love trying! you did a beautiful job!
    anna love your painting! beautiful colors! as I keep saying gonna have to try painting on tissue paper.
    TFS!
    oddie

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

I have never tried painting on tissue but it looks like it would be fun. How did you do it? Is it on a wall?
    TFS
    B