Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
windows123_gw

Windows: Good, Better, Best, Overpriced

windows123
9 years ago

Looking to replace about 15 double hung and 4 casement windows in our 30 year old home. We will be here another 30 years. I don't mind paying for quality if I never have to replace windows again, so that eliminates a "good" window in my view. For discussion purposes assume all the brands I mention have comparable performance numbers. What I am looking for is feedback on which ones are well made (design, materials workmanship) and therefore more likely to be long lasting. If warranty is factor in your opinion/experience that would be good to know too.

Andersen Renewal seems to have a well made, Fibrex (hollow core wood/resin material) product that I would put in the better to best category. But comments here and elsewhere say its overpriced. The pitch was not hard sell but it was almost $27K.

Interstate Windows made with Compositwood, a solid core resin product seem well made and are similar to Renewal�s Fibrex, but $10K cheaper. They also have a vinyl window for about $15K cheaper than Renewal. Can�t find a lot of feedback on them though.

Okna is a name that gets many good reviews on this forum. Although they seem to be only vinyl made and do not offer a composite/resin material. No quote on them yet.
Thoughts, comments, experience with any of these and recommendations appreciated

Comments (17)

Sponsored
    Hearths A'Fire, Inc.
    Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
    Upstate NY's Premier Hearth & Patio Shop – Best of Houzz!