Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
applex_gw

Okna Patio Door Price

applex
9 years ago

Just received a quite for the Okna 8800 " elegante" patio door.. A standard 6 ft door in double pane glass with regular white hardware. The door seemed very solid.
The price was $2400 including installation.
Does this price seem normal?
I also saw both the soft lite door and the sunrise door; both of those doors were nice as well and were priced about 2700 .
We really liked the okna door especially after seeing the cheap looking junk at home depot.
Thanks

This post was edited by applex on Tue, Sep 16, 14 at 8:32

Comments (24)

• mmarse1
    9 years ago

2400 for the Okna patio door is well within range. This is a higher end door thats designed and engineered for maximum energy efficiency. Its also very sharp looking and made to last decades unlike the cheaper stuff normally sold at building supply stores.

• HomeSealed_WI
    9 years ago

+1. That price is probably about average for a good door in my experience.

• Karateguy
    9 years ago

That's actually on the low side in my experience. Sounds like a good deal. Great product.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    9 years ago

That is in the range of normalcy (on the low side of that range) in our market.

Well worth it and worth every bit of what they are trying to charge for the Soft-Lite door.

• Karateguy
    9 years ago

the softlite door is solid with its welded construction and performance numbers, but it is the VW to the Okna's Audi (or Lamborghini) in this comparison IMO.
    BTW, a vee-dub is still miles ahead of some of the other garbage on the market.

• William Rossman
    3 years ago

I was just given pricing for the Okna “ elegnate” patio door. After negotiating a bit, the price was $2975. Is this good pricing for the year 2020? The door is nice and seems very well made. I also was told there were some nice enhancements to the door about 5 years ago.

The door is white inside and outside and in double pane glass.

They do offer blinds between the glass but it does add about $565 extra so I am on the fence about the blinds. It is a nice option though.

• Window Genius
    3 years ago

$2975 is very good pricing for the okna patio door, its usually a little more. the elegante is a great door.

• Gregory Seth
    2 years ago

I was just quoted the Okna ” elegante” patio door for $3500 installed. i actually received 2 estimates from 2 different Okna dealers and their prices were basically the same price. I didnt realize the second dealer was an hour and a half away but he came anyway. Both dealers said the window and door industry has seen tremendous price inflation the past 2 years but this past year in particular has been real severe. i also got a quote on a provia patio door but wasnt too thrilled as I liked the Okna better. I did see the Okna at a neighbors home and thats how I was contacted to the first dealer. Any thoughts on this pricing? The Provia was a little more but that didnt sway my decision. Also got pricing on Okna windows which I will put in a window post.

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    2 years ago

The pricing is in line with what's reasonable on what is one of the best patio doors in the vinyl window industry. Prices have gone up substantially in the last couple of years and there seems to be no end in sight.

• Window Genius
    2 years ago

Agree. Okna make a great patio door and pricing is good.

• PRO
    2 years ago

+2. Scary to ride this ride of the materials costs. That number will probably be outside the normal low range in 1 year as materials continue to skyrocket.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

This thread is starting to serve as a timeline for indistry price increases, lol... As the other pros have said that price is definitely not high these days, in fact that is one of the lower numbers that I've seen without being a red flag. Depending on options, $4-5k has been more common.

Price increases used to be once every year or two, these days they are quarterly or even more frequent... and that doesn't even account for labor and a host of other things. Crazy times.

• Gym S
    last year

Just to add to recent data points, got two quotes for the 8800 allin

Dealer 1 was 3300

Dealer 2 was 2500

• William Rossman
    last year
    last modified: last year

The $2500 price was from 8 years ago and was considered low then. Todays price for an Okna patio door ( elegante) or soft lite or sunrise for that matter is definitely north of $3500.

Those of you looking at prices for certain products need to be aware that some of the prices you see posted are from 5-10 years ago and prices have increased dramatically just this past year let alone 5-10 years ago.

• Gym S
    last year

I'm telling you what I got quoted this week for them b reputable dealers.

One I was directly referred to by okna

• William Rossman
    last year
    last modified: last year

One dealer is losing money so I dont know how he is even entertaining that price. It’s astounding.

i guess - good for you.

• PRO
    last year

I will just say this; if I were to sell that door for $2,500, I would be doing the following:

1. Selling and installing it for a friend and having them help with the labor and buy beer.
    2. Underpaying my installers
    3. No planning on being able to service the door at any point in the future
    4. Not paying taxes
  • Gym S
    last year

Happy new years.

Just wanted to give an update.

Had the door and two twin DH installed. Seems everything went well. The installation seemed to be problem free. Went to clean the window today and the window came out and seems the balance broke.

The office manager came out to get the window back in and said he'll get a new balance overnight and install.

• PRO
    last year

Hopefully they showed you how to properly operate the window for tilt in and cleaning. 99.99% chance that the balance "break" was from operator error. Not trying to throw you under the bus, but just simple observational truths.

• Gym S
    last year

Trust me it was a big conversation with my other half who didn't think they did anything wrong.

I'll have them show it to both of us when they fix it.

Happy he came out on new years to help resolve.

I will be having them do the rest of my windows in the coming months

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    last year

Are you located in the same town as the manufacturer?... Just trying to understand how he would have gotten parts "overnight". Great if he did, just not a realistic expectation for most folks.

• Gym S
    last year

Not in the same state. They were able to come out 2 days later with the part and fixed it

• PRO
    last year

Hope you left them a great review and some referrals. That is great service after the fact.