Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ep55441

Sliding Patio Door Broken Seal HELP

ep55441
13 years ago

Hi Everyone. I have a vinyl sliding patio door where the fixed side has moisture collecting between the panes. The patio door is only 5 years old and I am assuming that there may be a warranty still on the product.

The problem is, I can't identify who the manufacturer is. There is a small stamp in the upper corner of the window with the name GUARDIAN along with some codes. But when I go to the Guardian web site, it looks like they just make the glass itself. Is that right?

Is there any other location where the manufacturer might be indicated? I looked all over the frame and window and even on the black rubber seal between the panes and nothing is there.

If I can't find the manufacturer to file a warranty claim, should I simply have the fixed glass side repaired or replace the entire unit? I thought about having it repaired but I've been told by a couple people that the entire unit should be replaced.

If ANYONE can help i would be so grateful! Thank you!!

Comments (7)

• PRO
    East Bay 10
    13 years ago

Look to see if there is a name stamped on the spacer bar between the glass. The doors and windows are probably from the same manufacturer so you can check the windows as well.If that doesn't work, I would check with the builder or the previous owner to see if they know.
    As far as replacing it, you can have just the glass replaced not the entire unit. Door glass sizes are standard in the industry and it is actually a pretty easy fix. Good luck.

• ep55441
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks eastbay. No luck on the spacer bar between the glass. just a black rubber basket. I also looked at the windows and discovered that they are made by Windsor. However, each of those windows has Windsor stamped on the glass with no reference to Guardian. My patio door is the exception.... no reference to Windsor whatsoever. Already checked with the builder and they "can't remember". Lots of help there. So I have to solve this one myself.

• millworkman
    13 years ago

Find a glazier in your local area he will come measure the glass and install the replacement IG glass unit on site.

• sschrader1606_centurytel_net
    12 years ago

I HAVE A GUARDIAN PATIO DOOR 6' STATIONARY PANE THAT IS INCREASINGLY FOGGING UP. WHEN THE TEMPERATURE CHANGES. IT IS INCREASINGLY GETTING WORSE. MY HOME IS 4 1/2 YRS. OLD AND I LIVE IN A VILLA. WHAT IS THE WARRENTY ON THIS PRODUCT? I HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBERS ALSO

• millworkman
    12 years ago

GUARDIAN DOES NOT MAKE THE DOORS,(stop shouting using all capitol letters)and Guardian will not warranty the glass you need to find out who made the door. You went to the trouble to search out a similar thread but then not read the answers as the answer was hear all along you just need to read!

• oberon476
    7 years ago

"Find a glazier in your local area he will come measure the glass and install the replacement IG glass unit on site."