Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Anyone else have SCD?

Annie Deighnaugh
11 years ago

SCD: Seasonal crafting disorder

I don't know what it is, but when the night air starts getting cooler and the leaves start showing some color, I start getting the overwhelming urge to craft something....knit, crochet, paint, sew...matters not. But it's a compulsion to do something creative that always hits this time of year. Mother used to get it too.

Anyone else have that problem?

Comments (12)

• jlnick
    11 years ago

Huh. I never made the connection, and I'm the least crafty person alive. But I did just start on a mirror made of plastic spoons for DD's room, and signed up for a sewing class. The last craft project I did was around this time last year, a Pinterest inspired ruler growth chart. So maybe I do have it!

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    11 years ago

I used to pick up craft projects (quilting, sewing, etc.)and interior jobs like painting, in the fall when garden season was winding down. Not this early, though, the weather is absolutely wonderful for working outdoors right now.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

LOL

I did change out my urn decor.

• lascatx
    11 years ago

Here, we call it homecoming mums. I'd better get started on one too. Homecoming is next week and my son wants to do something very different and very custom. I hope it all works.

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Sure do! Cold weather inspires me. I have a project that's half done that I stopped working on when warm weather came. I need to finish it this fall.

Cold weather energizes me. Big front came in this a.m., but the highs will be in the 60s. Not cold enough yet. :)

• caminnc
    11 years ago

I've got SCD too! I can't wait to change out my porch cushions and pillows. Put out fresh mums, candles and other goodies. It's beautiful here on the east coast right now with cool nights and clear days. If I can just get my painting finished in the upstairs landing I can play.

• SunnyCottage
    11 years ago

Yes! I think anticipating cooler weather, and spending more time cozied up indoors, is part of the impetus behind my desire to take up knitting again!

• luckygal
    11 years ago

I love crafting and creating and have been thinking about possible projects for awhile now. Since gardening season is winding down I'll have time for it soon. Time to bring out fall decor and decide which project to do first. I always have more ideas than time or energy! We're having a wonderful fall with cool mornings, sunny days, and leaves turning.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Too funny!

I used to get a little SCD, but I was inoculated by our last move.

Except for rearranging the furniture, making new cushions, messing about with how things are organized, I am completely recovered.

• bleigh
    11 years ago

Oh, there's a name for it! I get it pretty badly this time of year. I'm in my laundry/office/craft room surrounded by 7 wreaths I've made over the last week. Hopefully I'll be able to sell them on etsy or in my booth :) . Otherwise, I'll have a house full of wreaths and a really empty pocketbook.

• busybee3
    11 years ago

scd... too funny!

i think it speaks to how engrained the start of school is in us- all the years growing up and then as moms/dads. all those years we enthusiastically looked forward to a fresh start, crisp air, new teachers and projects, etc... then as the year wears on, the interest/excitement fades...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I want to try and faux paint the vents on the stonewall behind the wood stove so they blend in...I want to paint the aubergine on the ceiling between the coffers in my hallway...I think I want to repaint my bedroom. But why oh why can't I turn my crafty energies to fixing the hem on those pants or shortening the sleeves on that jacket!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville