Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mgmsrk_gw

Rolling kitchen cart/island with built in garbage bins?

mgmsrk
11 years ago

The house we are buying doesnt have garbage/recycling built into the cabinets. I did when I built my house 8 years ago and dont want to go back to having to walk to the other side of the kitchen 50 times during meal prep/cooking times or have 2 garbage bins sitting loose in the kitchen. The kitchen is a downsize for what Ive been used to so I don�t want to give up a cab to retrofit a pull out.

I found this and like it, it would hide the garbage and I could just pull it over to where I�m working with a bonus a little extra prep space. I would like one with 2 pull out�s for garbage bins so I could use one for recyclables. I�ve done a few internet searches but can�t come up with anything else.

Anyone know of one?

Thanks

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Walmart cart

Comments (5)

• sandn
    11 years ago

Our superb furniture maker (of our bathroom vanity) offers a great rolling island/trash combo he calls 'Trashy'.

(We are in no way affiliated with his company, just satisfied customers)

Here is a link that might be useful: Trashy from Metrik Studios

• mgmsrk
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That one is neat, thanks for the link.

• Frazestart
    11 years ago

Here's another (larger) alternative. You could probably add wheels or casters, if it isn't too heavy. Since it is made by the seller, maybe you could have something built to your specs?

Here is a link that might be useful: Island with roll-out trash bins

• mgmsrk
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Frazestart,

That one is very pretty. I'll contact them and see if they can make one with wheels, and a bit smaller.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Sweet!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville