Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ideamom_gw

I Need Your Opinion Please!!

ideamom
14 years ago

Which outlet cover looks best with the tumbled marble backsplash?

Comments (28)

• erikanh
    14 years ago

I prefer the lighter one, less noticeable.

• crescent50
    14 years ago

#2- the lighter one seems to fade into the wall. It looks great.

• dfzmom
    14 years ago

I agree. #2 blends in better.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Another vote for #2.

• rubyfig
    14 years ago

And another vote for #2

• ebse
    14 years ago

#2, without a doubt!

• plllog
    14 years ago

I like the first one. The lighter one looks like an interruption to me, whereas the amber one looks like an accent. I really don't like the lighter one--I think it looks too much like the grout color to me.

• crazyhouse6
    14 years ago

# 2 - lighter one

• rhome410
    14 years ago

#2 is less noticeable.

• Buehl
    14 years ago

#2 (sheesh...it wouldn't let me just say "#2")

• dkitchenreno
    14 years ago

#2 is my choice

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    14 years ago

I'll be the contrarian here. I like #1 better. It brings out the colors in your tiles whereas #2 brings out the grout color. Or maybe it is just that on my monitor, photo #1 is warmer and photo #2 is cooler - and I'm a sucker for warm colors.

• suzienj
    14 years ago

2 DEFINATLY!

• lil_sister
    14 years ago

I vote for #2. It makes your switch less noticeable than the darker one does. I have #2 in my kitchen with a similar travertine backsplash and the reason I liked it was that it helped to make the outlets disappear a bit which is what I was trying to accomplish.

• needsometips08
    14 years ago

Definately #2, and that was before reading any of the responses.

• mbarstow
    14 years ago

Absolutely #2, it blends in much better--almost disappears.

• sandsonik
    14 years ago

I'll sit on the "odd man out" side. I agree with the poster that said the first one brings out the warmer tones in the stone - unless it's just a trick of the flash.

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

I would say #2, because you don't want to emphasize the switch. I am sure its not the only one, and that they are probably not evenly placed.

Although I agree with the posters who said that #1 accents the tiles better, I dont think you want a utility (switches and outlets) accented.

• debbie_123
    14 years ago

I cast my vote for no. 2!

• pattyk_64
    14 years ago

I vote for the lighter one as well.

• autumngal
    14 years ago

I think #1 looks better with the colors and I think #2 blends more. So, do you want more coordination or more blending? You could just keep both and change them occasionally and see if anyone notices.

• lilyfreak
    14 years ago

I like #2

• sailormann
    14 years ago

I like the stainless steel one that you forgot to post the picture of ;)

• wildcat22
    14 years ago

I like #2 better, I like them to blend rather than stand out.

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

I actually like both a lot with number #1 going so well with the colors and adding interest but #2 blends so well and makes the area look lighter. I guess if I had to choose, I would choose #2.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

The lighter one.

I love the backsplash!

• lesmis
    14 years ago

I like #2, but I like switches to blend and not stand out. Either one will work well, which one do YOU like?

Kat :)

• ideamom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone for participating in this! It is obvious the lighter one is the winner! I to liked both, but would rather have the outlet covers blend with the backsplash than to be an accent. Thanks again for helping me with my decision!