Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blondeziggy2

Please post photos--off white/cream cabinets and black appliances

blondeziggy2
12 years ago

We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen. Our plan was to take the kitchen cabinets and appliances and put them in the basement for a small kitchenette. We are also finishing our basement. However our contractor and cabinet guy can't get the cabinets to work in the basement because our ceiling dips down for the heating. So now we have the kitchenette tiled, the appliances moved, a granite remnant of Santa Cecilia on hold and no cabinets.

Our cabinets we were planning to move to the kitchenette are a alder lightly stained with a black glaze. But since they aren't working I'm looking at cabinet color options. I'm debating an off-white/cream color with a brown glaze. But I'm worried about the stark contrast with the black appliances. Does anyone have pictures of an off white or cream kitchen with black appliances?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)

• prospect711
    12 years ago

The Finished Kitchen Blog has some kitchens (that have at least some black appliances and light cabinets).

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB

• jw34
    12 years ago

Perhaps this helps? My recently installed 'antique white' cabinets (no glaze) with my black/SS GE Profile range...plus my 'white' refrig -- not in the budget to replace a perfectly good refrig

• fran1523
    12 years ago

You can just see a corner of my black dishwasher with off white cabinets and hardwood floor in this pic.

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Have you thought about painting your appliances?
    It can be done. Here is a link...

How stuff works, painting appliances
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/repair/how-to-reface-an-appliance4.htm

And here are some pictures of black appliances.

{{!gwi}}

• slush1422
    12 years ago

We will only have a black fridge with our off white cabinets (dw is white) and we are not quite done installing all doors, etc. but here are a couple pictures of it. The cabinets show up more white in the pictures, but they are pretty off-white in person.

From Berta Install
    From Berta Install

• lynn_r_ct
    12 years ago

Blondeziggy... We have since changed direction but initially we had looked at cabinets quite similar to the 3rd picture of Boxerpups entry. Not that the cabinets were the same but the fact that it had black trim on the cabinets, both top and bottom - quite striking actually, which made it seem as if the appliances were planned to be
    black and not these big dark holes. I wish I could photoshop something for you but I am just not capable. One of these days!

• noebee1313
    12 years ago

What about keeping your alder base cabinets?? Two-tones kitchens are very in right now, then you could find a color (even the cream/white) for just the uppers, or even use open shelving instead of uppers. It would allow you to reuse some of your cabinets, and perhaps help the black appliances blend in better. Just a thought-- you'd be able to put the granite you have on hold in now, and worry about uppers later. But for what its worth, black appliances and white kitchens do look nice, its just getting used to it. HTH

• blondeziggy2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for all of the pictures. They are very helpful to get a visual idea. I so appreciate everyone's help!

Boxerpups, I'm always amazed at the photos you have filed away. You are
    amazing.

slush1422, I can't wait to see pictures of your completed kitchen. It is beautiful.

noebee1313, thank you for your suggestion. This was one of our original options, but the majority of the cabinets are uppers. Therefore adding the few base cabinets wasn't very expensive.

Here is a drawing of what the kitchenette is intended to look like. Its not very big but should work perfectly in the space.

• gmp3
    12 years ago

Here are mine. And the granite is Santa Cecilia.

• PRO
    Showplace Cabinetry
    12 years ago

I'm hopeful this link will take you directly to the right photo, but if it doesn't you can see it by going to:

www.Facebook.com/ShowplaceFineCabinetry

Then go to photos, and find the album named "Burdick & Assoc." where there are about three photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Showplace Facebook pages - Album

• sandesurf
    12 years ago

Sorry to be O.T. from this thead, but...

GMP3, I love your BS! Hope you don't mind that I shared your pic on "Peach's TB" thread. Yours is very close to what I had in mind, but I'm not sure my kitchen is big enough to pull it off. Does your BS accents continue past your sink wall? Also, my peninsula has the same overhang! We created the seat at the end, by getting a smaller base cabinet there. :)