Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texas29

Countertop Geology: Marble and quartzite and granite, Part 4.

Texas29
10 years ago

The last thread on granite counter tops is full so I am starting this one. Finally made a decision on the granite. Working with the existing cabinets made it challenging. They are European, probably Italian, and were installed by the previous home owner and are gorgeous and the interiors are beautifully outfitted. After looking at dozens of slabs finally we came across Golden Lightening and it's absolutely perfect.

See attached picture with the cabinet door leaning against the granite.

That was the last decision we had to make - thank goodness.

Comments (4)

• ginny20
    10 years ago

I love, love, love that slab. It reminds me of a different colorway of Verde Borgogna, which I also love. It's well named, too. What BS will you use, or are you waiting to choose one?

I have no reason to go stone shopping any more, so I live vicariously through all of you and your beautiful finds. Keep 'em coming!

• Texas29
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We are staying with the existing back splash if the install goes okay. I will have to post some pics at the end of the process. The former owners painted the back splash wall soft yellow with a blue green undertone and then installed clear glass tiles 4x4 over it. Trying to describe it is as hard as trying to describe the cabinets, a sample of which is in the previous post. But we love yellow and it really works. We think when the Golden Lightening is installed with the existing cabinets and back splash it's going to be striking. We also chose a Houzer Granite under mount sink in a soft grey. Now that all our selections are made from new appliances to this granite we fell in love with we are so ready to have it all done!
    If we find we have to change the back splash it was good to know that the Golden Lightening comes in subway tiles and 12x12 tiles.

• karen_ohio
    10 years ago

A beautiful piece of stone. cant't wait to see finished kitchen.

There is another thread for Rocks #4 that is a continuation of the other threads. I am sure they would be thrilled if you posted your slab on that thread, too!

Karen
    PS your title is a good one.

• karen_ohio
    10 years ago

A beautiful piece of stone. cant't wait to see finished kitchen.

There is another thread for Rocks #4 that is a continuation of the other threads. I am sure they would be thrilled if you posted your slab on that thread, too!

Karen
    PS your title is a good one.