Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmermclarry

Clearstone in Seattle?

FarmerMcLarry
10 years ago

Does anyone know of a marble installer in the Seattle area who is a "trained applicator" of Clearstone? Thanks!

Comments (8)

• kam76
    10 years ago

I contacted them and they said no, the best bet was to call a fabricator and ask them to get certified.

I was thinking Crocodile Rocks in Kenmore, WA would be a good candidate b/c they deal with a lot of marble. Want to gang up on them with me? I am sure if they got more than one request inside of a week they might consider it.

• FarmerMcLarry
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good thinking! We're actually heading there tomorrow to take a look at their selection.

• FarmerMcLarry
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Alright Kam, we did our part today and they hadn't heard of it. You're up! :)

This post was edited by FarmerMcLarry on Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 16:27

• kam76
    10 years ago

Awesome, what did you think of them? Seems like it is a father/daughter team. Were you just looking at marble? We looked at their soapstone as well. Drool worthy stuff.

I will contact them and let you know what they say!

• kam76
    10 years ago

Awesome, what did you think of them? Seems like it is a father/daughter team. Were you just looking at marble? We looked at their soapstone as well. Drool worthy stuff.

I will contact them and let you know what they say!

• FarmerMcLarry
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They definitely seemed nice. We're kind of tunnel visioned at this point. Open to any material (almost) but we've got 2 slabs on hold elsewhere and are just looking to see if we can find anything that would be a better match than what we've already selected.

• kam76
    10 years ago

Okay I called and talked to Sheris. She said she would look into it. They were going to start using a product made by dry treat that was supposed to help prevent etching but I called around about it and I guess it doesn't work that well. She was not convinced of the claims of clearstone, she has heard of it before and said that hotels use it but that they need to reapply far more often than every 15 years. She said she would get back to me.

• Clearstone
    10 years ago

Hi Guys
    Good to see this happing over there in Seattle, i hope that Sheris has not got Clearstone confused with something else, hotels in some parts of the USA have used Clearstone however they have not had it long enough for it to be recoated, we have had it here in Australia on tops in Bars, kitchens, bathrooms, and tables for more than 10years and it is still performing well.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County