Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
queensinfo

renovation pics -before and during (w/pics)

queensinfo
15 years ago

I have another thread started but

it will be easier to follow in one

place. I have put a few key pictures

here and then i will also link to my

photobucket account to include more

pictures. The summary is that we

started demolishing to move two walls

slightly and then we found out our

cabinets will be delayed 2-3 weeks.

My wife complained to the cabinet

dealer and they provided us with 2

temp cabinets, a countertop and sink

so that we can cook in the meantime

(for my pregnant wife). I had my

appliances delivered so that we could

connect the stove and fridge. Other

details are provided in some other

threads, but if you have any questions

please ask, I like getting responses.

Before pictures

Old LR/DR with wall that was demolished

Temp LR

Temporary kitchen area

Demolished kitchen and wall

Bad Dust everywhere

New expanded entryway into kitchen

Kitchen plans

Walls under construction

Painted, new floor tile installed and grouted, temporary Kitchen #2

Backsplash tile

I hope you enjoyed. More to come once the work continues when the cabinets come in.

For more pics

http://s380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/queenskitchen/Kitchen%20Renovation/

Comments (19)

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Welcome! I am in about the same stage as you...I have an earlier thread
    about the same. You have a much better temp kitchen than I do though!
    Best of luck...I know how excited you are!
    vic

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks! i saw yours as well. I would be much more excited if it was done by thanksgiving as planned but nothing we can do but wait. Good Luck!!

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Best of luck! It is looking great so far. Isn't the dust terrible? Yes, after a while it does go away! Hopefully you will be cooking up a storm in your new kitchen for New Years! Congrats!

• merimom
    15 years ago

Looking good! Oh, I hate the dust! Our drywall was completed a week ago and I swear the dust is STILL settling. You commented on one of my questions that your cabinets will be very similar in color to mine. Can't wait to see the cabinets with that fun backsplash! Floor looks great.

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Finally I am able to post an update. The Cabinets finally came in today (3 weeks late). Now the contractor is on another (big) job so i have to see what is going to happen. I need him to at least install the cabs so that i can have the countertop fabricated. He has been great so far so hopefully he will come through for me.

Below are pics of the only piece I unpacked

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The cabinets arrived wednesday and were installed yesterday. Finally looks like a kitchen again.

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Next stage of work...the counter is finally here and installed. Tomorrow comes the plumbing hookups and backsplash installation. Hopefully this will be wrapped up this weekend or early next week at the latest. Then it is time to clean and get ourselves back in order. (and order undercabinet lights).

Sink with faucet just sitting in the holes.

{{!gwi}}

Fridge side countertop. The entire end angle and cabinet (24" is additional to our old countertop and should give us much more space)

{{!gwi}}

range side countertop

{{!gwi}}

• PRO
    Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
    15 years ago

Its looking good! I bet you are thrilled to be nearing the end and getting your kitchen back.

What is your countertop? It's pretty!

Congrats!

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks. we did and picked everything ourselves so the comments (at least the good ones) are always appreciated.
    The stone is Tan Brown.

• Bethpen
    15 years ago

I think it looks great so far! I can't wait to see it all finished. You are doing a good job with your choices!

• catbird
    15 years ago

Bless you and the DW! Not a fun way to spend a pregnancy, but it's looking good, especially the countertop. At least now you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Will look forward to the finished pictures.

• busybme
    15 years ago

I hadn't had a chance to catch up with your posts until now...it is looking great!! The tan brown granite is wonderful with your cabinets.

You are so close now. It must feel good to know that you are nearing the end.

Sandy

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are some pictures of the backsplash which is in but not grouted. hopefully by monday everything will be complete. Grout, appliance hook up, and punch list stuff.

• kakirby
    15 years ago

ooohhh!!! look at that tile!!!

I've picked out backsplash tile very similar to yours except its subway style, but still small like that. I was afraid it might look too busy in my small kitchen but this gives me a great idea of what I could expect...and i have very similar cabinets!

thanks for posting!

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Wow that was fast! Is the backsplash glass? It all looks great, congrats!
    vic

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

kakirby, glad i could help. please post some of your pics when its all done

Vicnsb- i loved your thanksgiving dinner. I was worried that christmas would be like that here too. It is glass (i think 3/4 inch tiles, 12 in each direction on a 1 ft sheet). The pictures dont do it justice.
    It is a red somewhat metallic, gold somewhat metallic, brown, tan, and clear/white glass.

• L H
    15 years ago

what cabinet line did you use and what is the stain? I would like something very similar.

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

gemini- thanks. It is medallion brand cabinets in cherry, the color is pecan. there is an old thread with a couple of other people that have the same color brand and color.

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The contractor is finished and there are just a few things for me to touch up. (find and install under cabinet lighting stain a couple of moldings, repaint door trim, change light switch, etc.)
    Now i am just waiting for a replacement to the front of the oven which was scratched in delivery and a new freezer door which was dented during shipping.

New Entryway into kitchen (it used to be a regular doorway)

Range corner

Range side towards sink

Sink Corner

Fridge side angled counter

Corner and fridge

Here are the 99% completed pictures... Enjoy