Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cook4_gw

Prep sink --- Do you have a sprayer nozzle?

Cook4
12 years ago

Does your prep sink have a sprayer nozzle? A pull-down? I'm looking at the Delta Pilar collection with Touch control. Their prep sink doesn't have a sprayer nozzle and it's not a pull-down/out. Based on how I've laid out my kitchen, the prep sink will be where I chop onions, wash vegetables, etc. I'm starting to think I will need a sprayer of some sort.

My other option is the Delta Leland collection. Leland doesn't come with Touch control, but both the main kitchen sink faucet AND the prep sink have pull-out sprayers.

What works in your kitchen?

Comments (9)

• rhome410
    12 years ago

I have a pull-down with sprayer at the main sink, and a pulldown without sprayer at the prep sink. I love the pull-downs and definitely miss the sprayer at the prep sink.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Both my sinks have the Hansgrohe high-arc pulldown. I love having a sprayer and a pulldown at both sinks. Not having a sprayer was not an option for me, and I don't like pullouts. And I one million percent HATE with a passion a side sprayer.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Both of my sinks have the Grohe Ladylux3 main sink dual spray pull-down. The Grohe ladylux3 does have a prep sink tap but it doesn't have the sprayer. I'm glad that I just put the same tap in both sinks. Love the sprayer for both.

• Madeline616
    12 years ago

Yes, I have a pull down at my prep sink. It's a must for me. The utility sink is a workhorse in the kitchen, and the pull-down is useful in so many ways.

• Buehl
    12 years ago

I have a pull down on my cleanup sink and a pull out on my prep sink...both with "spray heads" and both "lock" in the spray mode (or stream mode).

I think I use the spray far more than the stream and so I would definitely miss it if there was no spray. I say that for both sinks, btw.

I also like having both a pull down and a pull out faucet in my kitchen...I find each one has advantages the other does not. It wasn't planned that way, it ended up that way...and I'm happy with it!

• lalithar
    12 years ago

I had this same question and kept a log for few days of when I use the pulldown sprayer the most - I used it most for prepping veggies (washing spinach, fruit etc.) as well as cooling blanched veggies, rinsing pasta for salad etc. For clean-up, we mostly scrape and load the DW.. so it is mainly to clean the sink to rinse everything down the drain. My DH who is the main clean-up guy opted to get a wall mounted faucet from Chicago faucet instead of a pull down version. He was more annoyed by the crud that would collect at the base of faucet that he was willing to forego the sprayer for an articulating wall mounted. I on the other hand absolutely need it at the prep sink. The quality of the pull down hose is a major source of annoyance for me. But thankfully based on advice of kind people at GW, I tried and ended up buying a Moen faucet with the reflex technology that makes the hose retraction smooth. For touchfree operation, tapmaster definitely. No one I knew had it in the kitchen but my kind dentist let me play with it for 10 minutes :)

• Cook4
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Kitchen Folks! The more I thought about it, the prep sink pulldown was important, but I wanted to get some other opinions. And the verdict is in....prep sink sprayers of some sort are highly prized!

• Cloud Swift
    12 years ago

We have the Grohe LadyLux (Pro IIRC) at both the main and prep sink. Definitely use the spray a lot when prepping - it's handy for rinsing vegetables and rinsing down the sink. We probably use the spray more at the prep sink than at the main. It's a pull out. Grohe has good smooth hose action too - retracts very easily. We thought about getting the pull down LadyLux Cafe for the prep sink, but the sprayer button has to be held down to keep it on spray and I prefer having a faucet that will stay on spray so I can use both hands on the produce that I'm cleaning.

I find it easy enough to operate the lever with my wrist or back of hand when my hands are dirty so I don't feel a need for a tap master or tap faucet feature.

• lascatx
    12 years ago

I do know, but the cute little faucet I originally loved for the prep sink did not. DH Wanted the spray a I wanted a longer reach, so we got another with both. Definitely makes more sense.