Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hopsbreeder

Organic/TLO grown orange tree(18 months from clipping)

HopsBreeder
9 years ago

This is an orange tree that I received as a 4-5" tall clipping with 5-6 leaves about 18 months ago. It has been cultivated in a 100% organic/TLO(True Living Organics) style of growing. If you have read Soul of the Soil by Joe Smillie and Grace Gershuny, you will be familiar with this style of organic growing, which stresses the importance of living soil.(technically The Rev coined the actual TLO term) There are about 3-4 dozen oranges, about a dozen of which are fully orange right now.
I feed the soil with kelp, worm castings, powdered egg shells, greensand, high P guano, alfalfa meal, rock phosphate, azomite, and compost. I brew various teas once or twice a month to feed as well. I just brewed a batch and snapped some photos that I can post with a recipe if anyone is interested.
About six inches away from the tree(outside the window) it is about -13 Celsius right now.
Below is the address of an album with 2 more pics. I think that is all the info I wanted to post. Let me know what you all think. I have never used forums or photobucket much so if this address doesn't work I will try to fix it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Album: TLO Orange tree(18 months from clipping)

Comments (4)