Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmgch

has anyone gotten a John Lewis pendant light shipped to US?

lmgch
9 years ago

I've decided on our pendants for over the island. They are not available to purchase for shipment directly from the company because of risk of breakage. They are routing us to 3rd party who will package and ship.

Makes me a bit concerned, but I'm sure it can be done without them breaking...right?

Anyone else ordered from this company successfully?

thanks!

Comments (5)

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    9 years ago

John Lewis is a fantastic store, and I shop there whenever I go home to the UK. I have also had stuff shipped to the US by them. They are famous for their service.

BUT - have you checked the suitability of the pendant light for your purposes? Voltage, bulb holders, wiring etc are all different in the UK. All my lamps from the UK had to be completely rewired, and US-suitable bulb mounts installed, so I would urge you to check the suitability for North America before you order.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ah, thank you, sara. I knew it couldn't be so simple.

I honestly didn't think about the wiring differences.

I really love this pendant though

any idea how I could go about determining suitability and/or what I'd need to do to make it work?

many thanks

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Which pendant are you looking at from John Lewis? Are you sure you are not able to find one state side? If you post the pendant, I am sure someone on gardenweb can provide options. The wiring differences may not be significant but I would not risk it from an insurance perspective.

• lmgch
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is the one - I really, really love it

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-ramona-pendant/p310131?colour=Clear

what do you mean from an insurance perspective - meaning risking burning down the house? i don't want to risk that either! I just sent an email to my GC and electrician to ask them what they think I can do/can be done.

Nothing is ever simple... ;)

• jkayepierce826
    8 years ago

What did you decide on ordering lighting from UK? I found some I love from Holloways of Ludlow but am concerned they would need to be rewired or for US, not to mention the expense of shipping!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida