Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poshky

I have a 24x28 ft area to create foyer, dining, & living room! Help an

poshky
9 years ago
I have a 24x28 ft shell of a room to create a foyer, dining, & living room space. The front door is centered on the 24 ft wall. The left 28 ft wall has a 12ft opening into the kitchen area. The back wall does have a closet in left corner. The rest of wall is blank so I can add windows & doors to look out over property. The right 28ft wall is blank also. So all of this is open space. Can anyone help me out here please?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    9 years ago

A floor plan would help. You do not say where that 12' opening is. Is is centered on the 28" foot wall?

• poshky
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Yes it centered. I will post the Floor plan!
  • poshky
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hope this helps! Thanks
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sounds like new construction, so I would suggest not putting the closet in that back corner as it takes up way too much valuable space. Do something pretty in the area...maybe two small chairs on either side of the front door.

Coming in the front door, put a closet in each corner, on the diagonal. Next area would be dining, right by the entry to the kitchen.

The back of the room, you can add your windows/fireplace what ever you want. As for that long solid wall, I would definitely add a bank of windows.

Make sure you have a gorgeous chandelier over that dining table.

• poshky
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Sounds good! Yes kinda new construction. The closet is mechanics so can't move. The only thing forgot to add is that long wall will have 2 bedrooms on the other side, so no windows there. If you can see from my other dilemmas, the bedroom/closet one is on the other side of the wall.

I actually have a 48 x 28 shell:( with bathroom on the back.