Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
worldlygrey

Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror

worldlygrey
9 years ago

Hi All,

I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration hardware mirror and I have lost the mounting hardware. I am hoping to order replacement parts from RH, but am having trouble identifying exactly which mirror it is.

Looking at the RH website, it looks like they have several mirrors that look the same apart from the finials/pivot hardware. The mirror I have looks exactly like all of these: Lugarno, Dillon, Bistro, Chatam, Grafton, Vintage, Modern, Asbury and Campaign.

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat3850034&sale=false

I am thinking that the pivot hardware is interchangeable among all of these mirrors. Does anyone know if they are? I have included a picture of the part of the mirror that connects to the finial.

Thanks!!

Comments (15)

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    9 years ago

This is easy. Take a photo of the mirror on your smart phone, send it to RH customer service and ask them to identify it for you. They are pretty good a things like that. Once you have the model, inquire about parts for it, although, frankly, the prospect of parts availability is slim.

• amydplumlee
    7 years ago

If you call restoration hardware customer service you can order the part. For some reason it is called a finial. I had the exact same issue. I got the campaign mirror finial part 2314DD48. I would advise looking up the styles of "finials" by looking at other pivot mirrors they sell. There is a tightening screw on the finial so styles should be interchangeable. The more specific the better as they are dealing with thousands of parts for various items. They cost around $80.00 BTW and don't forget to specify the finish. Best of luck to you.

• jmd5522
    7 years ago

I, too, have the same problem. I have an 18x36 Astoria pivot mirror in satin nickel and am needing the finial / mounting brackets. I was excited to see your post, Amy, and immediately contacted RH. However, they couldn't locate that part number and I was ultimately unsuccessful in ordering the part. Argh! I welcome any additional info regarding the part number so I can enjoy my gorgeous mirror!!!

• Suzanne Anderson
    7 years ago

Hi there. I am wondering if you found a solution to this problem. I appear to have the exact same mounting bracket & cannot locate replacement parts. RH no longer carries them as they have changed the way the mirrors are made & they no longer have separate pieces?

• michelle tang
    7 years ago

I purchased several pivot mirrors at their outlet center. They strangely don't come with the pivot. I've tried several hardware stores in an attempt to find a replacement pivot with no luck. I'll update if I find something.

• Suzanne Anderson
    7 years ago

Thanks Michelle. My daughter & I came up with the idea of using the toilet paper holders and then using her 3D printer to print a spacer to slide inside so the mirror would fit snugly. But then, miraculously found a set of the finials at the outlet so didn't have too. I think it may be a workable solution though?

• michelle tang
    7 years ago

Today the rh customer service center found one set of finials in their TX warehouse. It will be about $95 for that one set. Home depot suggested using liquid glue or some other hanging mechanism to hold it up.

• Suzanne Anderson
    7 years ago

Best of luck with that!

• michelle tang
    7 years ago

It was recommended by someone at RH that I install metal mirror hanging strips. Its the same thing they have behind the mirrors they sell that hang. The employee at the store was nice enough to give me a set of the hanging strips. I haven't installed them quite yet. Let me know if you need more information.

• gmfwilson
    5 years ago

Hello, my name is Gloria. I purchased my mirrors in 2005. I also lost the finials to one of my Restoration Hardware Grafton style pivoting mirror. I have been trying to replace them since 8/2018 with no luck. I found out that RH changed vendors for their mirrors and the finials are now made as one piece instead of the two piece style. Also, after looking at the pictures above, the frame of the mirror where the finials attach - the part that protrudes and the finial fits over - has also changed. The older mirrors like mine has a nut closest to the frame instead of the round piece and then has the longer round piece, but instead of a slit in the end of the piece, I have a threaded opening for a screw. The first part of the finial has a hole to receive the second part which is the screw. The screw is a large decorative piece that is fed through the finial and screws into the threaded part of the protruding round piece of the mirror. It is used to loosen/tighten and adjust the position of the pivoting mirror.

I have a model number for the lost finials and sent RH pictures of the finials I needed as well as a picture of the mirror where the finials attached. I was sent the newer finials that don't fit over the screw on the mirror. You are right about the finials being interchangeable, as I tried the Grafton and the Bistro styles and the part that fits onto the mirror is identical.

I inquired about the previous vendor and was told that they were not allowed to divulge that information. I would love to know who it was and contact them. Anyone know who it was?

I am going to check into the Pottery Barn pivoting mirrors to see if that finial fits since it is made like the RH mirrors. I'll also take a look at the metal hanging strips to see if that will work, but I wonder how they attach to the mirror and if the part of the mirror where the finials attach are just going to be sticking out the sides looking crazy. If anything works, I'll let you know.

• michelle tang
    5 years ago

The metal strips attach to the back of the mirror. They work but you have a screw Sticking out of the side of the mirror.

• gmfwilson
    5 years ago

I went to the pottery barn to look at how their pivoting mirrors attached. They don't display them in the store. The only way they would have one in the store is that someone would have returned it. Further, I was told that the mirror and hardware was all one piece, which I didn't think was accurate. So, I called their corporate office and was told that the mirror and hardware were not one piece, however, they don't have replacement parts. They directed me to Kensington mirror service center, Kensington, MD 301-946-0777. I will be calling them in the morning. I'm really wondering if this is the original company that made the RH mirrors. At any rate, after looking at a video on youtube, I can see that their mounting hardware is similar to RH. Crossing my fingers!

• HU-711372230
    5 years ago

Hi,

Did anyone contact Kensington to see if they carried the finials in questio? I am looking for some as well.

• susanandandy
    7 months ago

If you look at Lowe’s or home depot pivot mirrors sometimes you will find a mirror with finials that will work. You have to buy the whole mirror but it will still be less than replacing a RH mirror

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida