Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vma13

Has anyone installed Cambria Montgomery?

vma13
9 years ago

I'm in the beginning of a kitchen remodel and I have been debating over using Cambria Montgomery or LG Rococo for counters. The Cambria is so beautiful in person, but in the one picture I can find of it from Cambria's website, I'm not so impressed. The Rococo is pretty, but I would love to see other photos of the Montgomery before I make a decision.

Comments (89)

• Sheila F
    6 years ago
    We just had Cambria Montgomery installed in our kitchen. I absolutely love it!
  • Kristina Critzon Roy
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Shelia F. Where did you get your backsplash from?

• Sheila F
    6 years ago
    Kristina-I got the backsplash from Arizona Tile. I love it!
  • Kristina Critzon Roy
    6 years ago

Shelia F. Thank you, do you know what color? We are currently building a house and this is the countertop I selected. How do you like it?

• Sheila F
    6 years ago
    Kristina- they are glass tiles called. Barbados gloss 4"x12" from Arizona Tile.
  • Kristina Critzon Roy
    6 years ago

Thank you. Too bad I live in Michigan lol

• Linda Loesch
    6 years ago

Kristina,

Ann Sachs Tiles have some nice choices for the Cambria Montgomery quartz. There is a showroom in Troy, MI - if you are near, the address is 170 Stutz Drive. Some of their tiles are pricey but the quality and selections are excellent. A few nice ones are Oceanside Glass Tiles in "Pacific" and Ann Sacks nuovo pomenade-glossy in "Agave": http://www.annsacks.com   to find a Showroom

Another company is Virginia Tile under Sonoma Tilemakers Stellar line in "Damask". Virginia Tile has several in showrooms in MI. Here is the website:

https://sonomatilemakers.com/visit-a-showroom/

Happy hunting!

• Krista Markline
    6 years ago

Unfortunately the pictures do not do this counter top justice. You must see it in the show room. But a word of caution. Once you see it you will have to have it.

• Sheila F
    6 years ago
    Kristina- I love the Montgomery Quartz! We used it in the kitchen and guest bath. It is beautiful!! It definitely gave us the beach relaxed feel we wanted. We also used Cambria Berwyn for our Master bath and Master coffee bar. It is very pretty also.
  • Malinda Sherman
    6 years ago

lLike many of you, I saw Montgomery in the showroom and just have to have it for my master bath. The problem is they say I will have to order a whole large slab to use less than half of it. Vanity is 9' long. We are doing whole kitchen in another (Berwyn) cambria but will need at least a slab for that. Anyone know of a way to get less than whole slab?

• Sheila F
    6 years ago

I was told that I could buy a 1/2 slab at a store.

• Malinda Sherman
    6 years ago

I have called every store in the Richmond area and no one will sell half. They will order whole slab and have you only pay labor on what you use OR they will tell you they sell by the foot but when you are actually quoted a price, the price is more than if you ordered whole slab!

• Jen Pfifferling
    6 years ago

I'm looking at Montgomery also for a 48" vanity. Loved it in the showroom sample, and the little sample I have at home. But the photos here don't do it any justice, which makes me 2nd guess my decision. That sparkle you see in real life doesn't shine through in the photos!! I'm planning on putting it on a pale blue green vanity (or aqua...it matches both perfectly).

• Debbie McCormick
    6 years ago

I also love the Montgomery and decided to go with it, I am a little scared though with all the turquoise, I have a small kitchen with oak cabinets ,oak trim and white appliances, cant get the hubby to change that out:-(. Do you all think it will look ok? It looks so beautiful with white cabinets, not sure about the oak color! Any input would be apprectiated!

• frankiethedog
    6 years ago

I just had a template measured today for Cambria Montgomery counter tops in my kitchen. Like many of you, the second I saw a sample, I instantly knew it was the perfect choice. My husband is installing "linen" cabinetry - they're a creamy color. The Montgomery looks stunning next to the cabinets. I still haven't found the right backsplash, however. I'm working on that.

• Ed Schmidt
    6 years ago

Well we picked Montgomery out today , however my first choice was Brittanica. I am second guessing myself a little bit now because pictures don't do it justice. The pictures give it almost a dated look.

• frankiethedog
    6 years ago
    There was one other option I considered besides the Montgomery. Kelvingrove, also by Cambria. It's a bit moody, but beautiful. It was a close second. However, since I was trying to keep my kitchen light, I went with the Montgomery. It's lovely. It doesn't look dated. In fact, quite the opposite. You'll love it. It's definitely not ordinary. I do hope to find another spot I can use the Kelvington in the future
  • PRO
    Bee Studios Design
    6 years ago

Here is another use of Montgomery.

• idealesse
    6 years ago

I am considering Montgomery for off-white cabinets and a midnight blue island. Confused, though.. Montgomery looks blue to me, but Cambria pairs it with greenish BM paint colors. I am also thinking of Cambria Beaumont, instead, with Torquay for the kitchen island. I can only find a very few images of Beaumont online. Perhaps that means that no one really likes it? It is rather unusual looking, but I thought it would be popular. Any thoughts to help ??

• Beth Lohner
    6 years ago

just had montgomery installed in new kitchen on "melted brie" cabinets (cool white but not stark white). it's beautiful. still working on the backsplash. also had montgomery installed over SW seaworthy vanity in a bathroom. it's stunning, too. makes think to look for a similar color for the kitchen backsplash.

• barberwhaling
    6 years ago

Hi, I've fallen in love with the Montgomery countertops. We'll likely go with Sea Haze, Soft Chincilla or laborador blue on walls - I want some blue definitely for the walls. White shaker cabinets. But what color tile should I put on the floor? We are doing a complete kitchen remodel - it's a disaster. Looking for a cozy, warm beachy look. But we have ugly old vinyl on floor now. Can't wait to see that go. Pine wood in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. Thinking a soft taupe/beige tile floor, as I really don't want wood floors - water damage, 1 large dog, 3 kids. Tile is my best bet. Any suggestions? Even thought about a soft grey floor tile - or one of those tiles that look like wood....???

• wendiwho
    6 years ago

Barberwhaling, I understand your dilemma about flooring with Montgomery! I fell in love with the quartz the moment I saw it, but matching it to flooring is tough.

We're in the same predicament. Our dining room has lovely mixed-width plank, dark-stained oak but it's adjacent to the kitchen flooring. So we're trying to find a compatible "tile look" that doesn't have too much motion to take away from the countertops. Also, our kitchen is fairly dark, so we're looking for a lighter flooring.

If you can go with a wood-look you might check out Ivory Coast Oak CoreTec Plus. The color goes well with Montgomery and will match the beachy look you're after. It's also supposed to hold up very well to traffic. Unfortunately, it is not the best match to our particular room layout.

Lately we've been looking at concrete-look glue down tiles, like Adura Meridian steel. I'm just afraid that they are a bit dark. I'll be interested to see what other suggest.

Good luck!

• Beth Lohner
    6 years ago

I like my wood floors with the Cambria Montgomery. Stain is min wax provincial. Cabinets are ultracraft painted melted brie. The navy glass back splash is striking with the montgomery. You can see the edge of the wall which is SW rainwash. Montgomery can be swayed more blue or more green depending on what you pair it with.

• wendiwho
    5 years ago

Thank you, Beth. It is lovely! Unfortunately, wood flooring is not an option for us, and given how our house "heaves" (it's built on volcanic ash) neither is tile. I need some kind of vinyl--planks or tiles--that will go with the Montgomery, and dark cabinets.

• Margaret Ross
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Wendiwho, I lived this dilemma for the last several months! We're installing Cambria Montgomery and didn't want competition with its movement, so after what felt like 10 million wrong turns, I picked a 12 x 24 light taupe-gray, semi-wood look porcelain tile (although I see you're saying that tile might not be a great choice for you): Emser Ranch in Farm.

I couldn't go too wood-look because the floor will sit next to (ugly) wood-look laminate that we're eventually replacing. We also had to contend with this floor touching a brick divider . . . so many factors! But the color/look are REALLY nice with the Montgomery, so maybe something similar? EDITED TO ADD: I just saw that your cabinets are dark. Ours are white beadboard, so the moods might be different. But the Emser Ranch series is really nice.

• frankiethedog
    5 years ago

I finally chose a backsplash to go with my Cambria Montgomery counter tops. After searching forever for a driftwood look backsplash tile to no avail (length and thickness constraints), I finally settled on a glossy white 12 x 4 with a textured wave pattern that resembles moving water. I wanted to continue the movement in the countertops up the walls without going overboard and getting too busy. We mounted the tile in a subway tile pattern and used white grout. Although, not exactly what I wanted, I'm happy. It's subtle, but not boring.

• barberwhaling
    5 years ago

Just wanted to thank you all for the tip for the flooring. I'm going to order a sample of the Emser ranch tile. We found another porcelain tile, Avella Montego Bay, Oak, which matches the taupe color in the Montgomery countertop exactly. It's very light, but I'm not sure that I want a floor that' light. We also found Waypoint cabinet 760 in linen that we really like. It's a very soft white, not stark white and has a hint of grey. Very, very pretty with the countertop. Anybody have any experience with Waypoint cabinets? What do folks think of a light floor with soft white cabinets and and montgomery coutnertops? I don't want it to look washed out. I am thinking rainwashed by SW for the walls, and I have a cherry table and cherry cabinet that will be in the eating area. I'm thinking that adding color to the walls and then blue accents will make it very pretty.

• wendiwho
    5 years ago

Thank you, Margaret Ross, for the color suggestion. I think you're right about the color. I appreciate your time and will keep looking.

• idealesse
    5 years ago

I have my Montgomery countertops installed in my kitchen and looks better than I imagined. I am going the route of emphasizing the blue tones, as it has teal and taupe as well. So I need help with the backsplash... considering a mother of pearl tile , or a dusty blue glass tile. Photo colors not true- but gives you an idea of my choices. I've been holding off on the decision for too long, need to commit to one ! Cabinets are Kraftmaid Canvas and a Midnight Blue island.

idealesse's Ideas · More Info

idealesse's Ideas · More Info

• wendiwho
    5 years ago

Hi idealesse. I like the top photo better mainly because it doesn’t add additional movement to detract from the countertop. Although the cabinets are not in the picture, it seems like the light (cabinet)/dark (backsplash)/ light (and movement-filled countertop) would look very attractive.

• Carol Kirchner
    5 years ago

I am redoing bathroom with the mongomery quartz counter. My floor is a light grey wood look plank tile. White on shower walls and wainscoat. Was going to do penny tile in grey but not sure with the blue in the quartz.. any suggestions for shower floor, niche, and waterfall accent? doing walls in pale grey with blue undertones. White cabinets.

• idealesse
    5 years ago

Thanks Wendi- I see what you mean. I think that this countertop should speak for itself and not compete with the backsplash. Appreciate your point of view.

• bethlohner
    5 years ago

I love my cambria Montgomery and it was supposed to be the star. up close it is the star. backsplash is 'parisian' blue glass. it's stunning. from afar it is the star of the kitchen, but up close the counters shine. I have photos above on this post but since it's so long, i'll add again. pardon the repetition.

• barberwhaling
    5 years ago

So I'm excited about our Cambria Montgomery countertops, but still struggling with the backsplash. We are getting Waypoint cabinets in linen, with satin nickel pulls. I found a marble Greecian White Arabesque tile that I really like. But I don't want a "busy" backsplash that will compete with the countertops. I love, love, the arabesque tile, sorry, don't have a picture right now. But generally, they are soft white, with hints of taupe and grey. What do folks think about arabesque tiles with the Montgomery countertops? We have picked out a soft taupe ceramic tile for the floor.

• PRO
    Cambria
    5 years ago

We love these beautiful photos of Montgomery and different backsplashes! Thank you all for sharing. @barberwhaling, we think that combo sounds stylish! The arabesque will give texture and movement while still being traditional, not competing with the countertops. Feel free to share your photo when your kitchen is complete.

• HU-891435268
    5 years ago

I absolutely LOVE my Montgomery countertop! I used this thread to help make decisions regarding matching etc. It is absolutely beautiful (pictures never do the justice). It is the first thing everyone comments on when they see my kitchen.

• Liz Shaw
    5 years ago

Chose Glazzio Tiles 1x3 Morning Mist with Montgomery, will post pic later of finished kitchen. Think full bullnose for comfort.

• HU-103889019
    5 years ago

Montgomery quartz countertop with Lunada baytile. Glass Firenze is color the finish is pearl

• DCF-Z6A
    4 years ago
    Following
  • gizmo7922
    4 years ago

I am having a super hard time finding flooring to match the Cambria Montgomery, along with two other floors that are all on top of each other (it’s a strange set-up right now...we just took possession of home). Right now, there is old, 6 x 6 almond (yellow cast) ceramic In kitchen. The breakfast nook has a gray berber, which I like and then the dining/living room is original, 1920s cedar. It’s beautiful. they have a very strange transition piece tying it all in, which will be coming out. We have two active boys so would like to do a luxury vinyl tile in kitchen, but not opposed to something else if it makes sense. Everything we are finding is so busy and competes with the counters. Side note: Both

counters will be Montgomery (main one is coming out to match island. No backsplash, just tile); lower cabinets dark blue, uppers white; stainless steel appliances and a Greige paint throughout. I have natural blinds also going into the space that match the floor and doing a light, sandy subway tile. Any ideas on the flooring?

• DCF-Z6A
    4 years ago

For anyone wanting to see pics of a recent Montgomery installation, ours went into our main bath today. Definitely some resin pooling but it doesn't bug me. (I point it out for those fearful of resin pools and what they might look like.) From my point of view, no one who visits will see anything but a gorgeous counter and bath.

• Rose Yourell
    4 years ago

I know this is an older post, but recently saw this quartz and immediately liked it as it reminded me of the ocean...planning on putting in my entry mudroom with omega cabinets painted "rain" which is a blue gray...will have a sink undercount to wash the dogs paws.....thinking of white "elkay" brand white quartz sink with some sort of subway tile for backsplash...interested in any thoughts....

• Tiffany Mlinscek
    4 years ago

I did end up having this installed in my kitchen and absolutely love it still! We did a turquoise backsplash and painted the walls of the dining room a beige (cinnamon cake W-F-220). Would highly recommend!

• Rose Yourell
    4 years ago

The glass tile looks great! I appreciate your feedback - our wall color will be pale oak - our color schemes are very similar....

• bbnoble403
    3 years ago

Be very careful when picking Montgomery. Very disappointed. Make sure u see slab without plastic on it. I saw 3 different samples before buying. all 3 were much darker than mine. I wanted the darker colors. Mine was pale in comparison. All I see r these dark dots that look like bugs to me. Not enough color and swirl in it to mask these ‘bugs’.

• DCF-Z6A
    3 years ago

@bbnoble403 that's too bad you're disappointed with your counters. I'm curious to see how yours differs. Will you post pics?

• HU-103889019
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I moved and liked it so much I remodeled a second kitchen at my new home with the same and again not disappointed:) see last kitchen above and here’s the most recent

• Pam Siegel
    2 years ago

Denice please post more pictures of your kitchen, I have the same color wood cabinets

• janremus658
    9 months ago

I am having a problem with the tile, Like the seafoam glass but the glass is very thin and does not wear well a gray-green but the color is not very attractive, then a blue-turquoise, my concern is too much color against the white-cream cabinets and you must like the tile as well, no? More kitchens with this would be helpful.

• Diane M
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I'm planning on using Montgomery in my master bath vanity too. I had picked out a beautiful mosaic to coordinate in the tub and shower areas, but it's $140sf, so we had to put the kabash on that.

I've since fallen in love with some terrazzo options. They won't be up against the Montgomery, but does anyone think that's a bad design idea?

The vanity cabinets are a very pale taupe/putty color and the rest of the walls and backsplash will be a white brick, stacked horizontally, white grout, with SW Sea Glass paint.

Thanks!