Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
icandyman

Noticing the large scratch in the floor, is this a common problem?

icandyman
11 years ago
I have seen this many times. Even on tv shows where the hidden door is given away as there are obvious marks in floor. Is this from being unbalanced or constant use? If this is truly a secret door than would be a concern. If it is just for show and used constantly should I expect such wear ? There are a couple of these doors at our office that basically hide bathrooms in executive offices. They both have the same type of wear. The office building is a heritage building so is quite old. Love the idea, but am concerned about the damage it could cause. Thank you
Pirate Ship Room & Other Fun Things · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Kuhl Design Build LLC
    10 years ago
    Unfortunately it is an issue I've seen with various kinds of doors with this. I think it's a combination of use and weight placed on the shelving on the door that causes it to unbalance.
  • 20thcenturyfox
    10 years ago
    I have to think this would be easy to avoid with the use of felt or teflon, not to mention there are many materials more forgiving than wood.
  • danjou
    10 years ago
    Thank you SO much for the honesty in your response, Kuhl Design Build, about realistic expectations! It is extremely helpful.