Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kayriegler

Love the checkerboard. What is the planting between the pavers?

kayriegler
9 years ago
This is so innovative and unusually beautiful. It looks like some variety of a short grass between the pavers. Could you share what it is?
Unique Single Family Brownstone · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch
    8 years ago

Most likely, it is artificial turf, but the botanical name escapes me.

I agree, it is a wonderful garden in warm weather, probably fragrant as well, but, alas, quite bare in winter months, when viewed from within the home.. Details matter.

• kayriegler
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Agree - that's the problem with using mostly perennials and few if any accent trees, evergreen plantings or taller sculptural elements. But for a spring/summer garden, it's dynamite.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Well you could look at the winter bareness as a positive time of renewal, as, when spring arrives, the perennials will burst forth with renewed glory, and will look quite different that they did last fall.

Have the garden winter with man-made sculpture, rather than God-made, and feed the animals and birds out their all winter as your winter wonderland, a different page in the garden's life. A bold new world of wonder.

I hope you got your spring bulbs planted and you will soon see your snowdrops and crocuses.

Enjoy!

analyze first, then plan

• kayriegler
    Original Author
    8 years ago

What a lovely perspective. In addition to your suggested man-made sculptural bird feeder, a Yukimi doro 織部灯籠 - sometimes called “Snow-viewing Lantern“ would be nice tucked into this garden.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Wow! How learned of the world of the garden. Keep in toudh.

kayriegler thanked Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch