Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneyjeans

What are the dimensions of this, or a typical barn door?

brittneyjeans
8 years ago
Ashton Kutcher's parents' basement · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Catherine Renae Thomas Design Co.
    8 years ago

Hi - thanks so much for the question. This door is custom sized for our particular door size and also our low ceiling height. I would recommend that you use a door size and hardware that work for your particular situation. If you work with a company that supplies barn doors they are usually very helpful in getting you the correct size door and hardware for your application. I like to make sure that the door when closed fully covers and actually over covers the case around the door. I also like doors to sit lower to the floor and this can depend on what type of flooring you have; carpet, wood, etc. So, although I could provide you with the exact size of this door it probably would not work best for your unique situation. Hope this helps and best wishes on a barn door unique to your home! c

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

We make custom barn doors, please visit our shop at DownHomeLiving

• Cindy Callaghan
    7 years ago

Can you recommend a barn door company and how are you locking the door?

• PRO
    Catherine Renae Thomas Design Co.
    7 years ago

Hi - there are many barn door suppliers; the one above is available on HOUZZ. You might check again with your home improvement store or your local lumberyard for ordering. We do not have a lock on this door. Thanks - c