Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pretty82

My neighbor doesn't respect the property line?

CES
8 years ago
So we purchased our house a few months ago. We had the necessary survey of the property done (who really understands those) and prior to that the seller of the house showed us where our property line starts and ends. The surveyors even put those flags in the ground to make us aware of the property line. After closing, we realized that one of our flags was missing on one side of our house which meets the neighbors driveway. We didn't think anything of it initially. Then a week or so after owning the home we realized that the neighbor placed their garbage on our property. At first it was no biggie because we became neighborly but nothing was ever mentioned about it. The neighbor now mows that area of our property, parks his car partially on our property, had his kids play on our property. I mean I live on 1/2 an acre and they neighbor has 3/4 of an acre. Why is my property more appealing? My question: what can I do to make my neighbor respect the property line without causing conflict? What kind of low maintenance, no fuss, no encroaching issue, stay green all year round, respect the property line plant/bush can I plant? My design dilemma: My property meets my neighbors driveway and I live on a corner lot. I don't want to have to add a fence, but I want that separation at the property line as a barrier. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.

Comments (114)

Sponsored
    The Style Studio
    Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
    Westfield's Boutique Interior Design & Styling Firm