Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lori_weaver50

My small Bathroom!

Lori Weaver
8 years ago
Hi! I was wondering if you could give me some ideas on how to transform my small bathroom and maybe make it look more spacious. I would like to take out the tub and make that a big shower stall with a seat and pulsating shower. I have a closet next to the bathtub/shower for towels and was thinking of taking that out for more space in the shower stall. debating on whether or not I want to take out the sink cabinet and have a smaller sink area. Or leave the cabinet and take top off and put Quartz and new sink dish. Can I have all your ideas? Please?
Thanks,
Lori W.

Comments (4)

• latc
    8 years ago
    Get the pink wall out and paint a light color to make it look bigger, since you are willing to take the tub out that should make a good shower, if you can keep the closet for storage and keep the room clutter free... towels, cosmetics, cleaners one can never have too much. I bought a vanity that looks like a piece of furniture with a marble top & sink which is half the size of your current cabinet.I really like it since it covers the plumber and & provides little storage.
    Lori Weaver thanked latc
  • Catherine M
    8 years ago
    If you get one of those large mirrors that is also a medicine cabinet, you will be able to increase your storage. Then, take the door off the closet and turn it into open shelving. This will open up the space. Use nice baskets etc and pretty containers. A monochromatic colour scheme will also make it seem bigger. Good luck with it!
    Lori Weaver thanked Catherine M
  • thegypsyrover
    8 years ago

I would paint the walls white. I would keep the closet, as it is very valuable; and, the space you have for a shower is more than adequate. Organize the closet to store everything possible in your bathroom. An uncluttered space always looks bigger. I would replace the vanity with something smaller and use a mirrored medicine cabinet, as wide as the vanity, above it. Center your new, smaller vanity so that you can hang pendant lights or wall sconces on either side of the mirror. You could use large white subway tile, or large faux marble porcelain tiles, in your new shower to continue a clean, spa-like look. Good luck with the reno!

Lori Weaver thanked thegypsyrover
  • PRO
    User
    8 years ago

I would recommend changing out the vanity for one that is less deep so that it does not impede on your door casing and also put a spacer piece between the cabinet and the wall so that you may have more clearance for the cabinet door and/or drawer.

Lori Weaver thanked User