Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clayrouge

HELP: Feedback on this kitchen lighting plan?

N. V.
8 years ago

I'd love to get any feedback from the wise heads here on this kitchen lighting plan.

My plan is to use HALO RL4 (2700K 90+ CRI) fixtures throughout. The exceptions are the the smaller LED worklights in the island hood (indicated) and two pendant lights that will also hang over the island with 60-100 watt incandescent bulbs (depending on the fixture I choose - but it will be something that allows for lots of side light, not just downlight).

Sorry if this layout isn't more user friendly... I just used my crude photoshop skills to paste circles onto my cabinetmaker's overhead layout! I think the main "L" of the perimeter countertop is pretty obvious, as is the island. The opposite wall will hold wall ovens, a microwave, and a desk area (7,8,9 on the map).

All the wall cabinets will have LED lightbars illuminating the counters underneath, including the desk area.

I should also mention that the non-cooktop side of the island has a void underneath, so 3 people can sit and dine there.

I think this should be plenty of light, and since everything will be on dimmers, I'm not overly concerned that it will be too much. But I've never done this before and I'm learning a ton with each step!

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice you more experienced folks can offer.

Comments (4)