alione1

! i need help with a siding color for home, harbor blue roof on order

alione1
8 years ago

Comments (10)

• alione1
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I have ordered harbor blue roof (owens corning duration) shingles. we were looking at a light gray for siding. (not sure). we were replacing all our windows as wel.l the front windows are high so that only our heads and shoulders will show. we were looking at awning windows. we live on a corner home in new York. any ideas for siding colors? i am just not good with colors. than you for your advice!

• miacometlady
    8 years ago
    If the money is there, I'd take out metal railings/ posts and replace porch with wood to build on cottage feel. I think the windows in picture one would add a lot of light to your home. I checked out your roof with homes and I must confess, I like the white blue roof combo best. Just fresh and clean. A very light grey with white trim would be my second choice.
  • alione1
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you for your feedback.i had wanted to change the cottage look to something more current.i had wanted to keep the front railings and just paint over it.dont know the color yet.also the new awning windows we are ordering will already have a white trim. The gray siding will be ordered from owens corning. Is there a light gray color (name) that i can i can look into that would match the harbor blue? The siding will be lighter for sure

• alione1
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Traditional Exterior · More Info
    Looking for a look for my home like this.getting harbor blue duration shingles

• alione1
    Original Author
    8 years ago

But lighter owen corning siding and white windows and white trim

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

well if you like that picture than go gray with white trim! classic black railing and black front door. remove the light on the left side of the door put the house numbers to the left of the steps on that outside wall.

• PRO
    Colorsmith
    8 years ago

I like your inspiration house pic-not sure about using siding-might it be better to paint what you have? From experience, vinyl siding does not necessarily add value to a house. And clapboard (such as what your neighbors have and in the inspiration pic) might be under the siding that is there now-and would be lovely to paint if possible. (would need to have a look to know for sure). Might be worth while to have a reputable contractor (or two or 3) to come give advice.

alione1 thanked Colorsmith
  • Bonnie Carter Thompson
    6 years ago

HI, we ourselves just placed a order (roofers are 6 months out) for the harbor blue shingles. we have a stucco home and are looking to match a paint color scheme to the shingles and was googling this and seen your post. We was curious if you are happy with the color choice of the harbor blue roof & what colors you painted the exterior if you dont mind my asking. Thanks

• bivalve
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

love that gray siding with the Harbor Blue , and that white trim really makes it pop , I have shingles in garage waiting on roofers now