Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maineplace

What color paint is the light gray cabinet in the back?

maineplace
8 years ago
I really admire your work, specifically your color choices are very cohesive. I'm renovating a home in a coastal community in Maine, I'm going with a blue/gray color scheme throughout. I'm struggling to find the right gray for my kitchen island and pantry. My cabinets are Sherwin Williams alabaster. I have a small bulter's pantry that I'd like to do in the same color as the island. I was thinking about a deep navy SW 7615 sea serpent with a white honed marble top, black soap stone with the alabaster cabinet's. Is the navy too bold, something that will date quickly? In which case I was thinking of a gray for the island and pantry - do you have a good gray that you might suggest. Your thoughts and guidance are greatly appreciated.
Balboa Peninsula · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Blackband Design
    8 years ago

Hello and thank you so much! I think the navy would be an awesome bold pop of color in your kitchen, but the color you have selected might fall a little flat and look muted. If you were going to do a navy I would try and stick to a true deep navy, a couple shades darker than what you selected. I would go with Navy if you want to be bold and don't mind changing it a few years down the road if you get sick of it. I think gray is a safer choice and is going to look better long term because I can't imagine gray going out of style anytime soon! Some good gray options would be Benjamin Moore Galveston Gray, Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter or Benjamin Moore Gray Owl. Try to stick with a lighter gray rather than a charcoal. Hope this helps and good luck with your project!!

• maineplace
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review my question and respond in such a thoughtful manner. Your help is greatly appreciated. I'll send you some pictures when the project is completed.