Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
qbryant

Marvin all ultrex (black)

qbryant
8 years ago

Anybody have any reviews on black ultrex windows?

Comments (13)

• qbryant
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Or milgard ultra

• LE
    8 years ago

I was looking for black fiberglass windows a couple of years ago. Marvin's were white on the inside, I think? Or at least, not black, my memory is a little fuzzy now. We got the black Milgards and are very happy with how they look and perform. They are actually a dark charcoal, but you only notice that if you have them next to something black. They had all the options we needed, simulated divided lights, double or triple panes, lots of options for coatings to provide different solar gain coefficients, etc.

I don't have any photos on this computer, but can email them if you email me here.

• LE
    8 years ago

Did you run across this previous discussion? Not sure it helps, but just in case:

black window discussion

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

The All-Ultrix Integrity is an entirely different window design than the Wood-Utrex Integrity but both are available in an Ebony exterior. The All-Ultrex Integrity is made to compete with vinyl windows so the frame is less deep and the sash is too thin to allow realistic applied mullions.

• qbryant
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks,we really like sunrise vanguards in white but wanted to look at some black options before we decide,I think sunrise can paint there's black but we don't want painted windows.
  • qbryant
    Original Author
    8 years ago

After looking over Marvin's warrenty they are out if the question,10 years on black finish and 20 on glass!

• User
    8 years ago

The Sunrise Vanguard warranty for an exterior painted finish is limited to 20 years for cracking, blistering or peeling and 10 years for fading.

• qbryant
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    It seems for the money that sunrise bests marvin in all categories,I was leaning towards the sunrise vanguards or restorations in all white but really like the black,I just wish they came with a better warrenty,I think the safest way is to go with white as we plan to be in this home 20 years.The black painted vinyl scares me alittle.
  • neonweb US 5b
    8 years ago

I have black (ebony) wood-ultrex Marvin windows in our new house. Since we have only had them in for a year I can't comment how they will perform in the long term, but so far I am happy with them. My sales rep & Marvin were quick to replace a window that was damaged during delivery, and change out a door handle that was installed the wrong way, so customer service is good. I really wanted black windows which in this area left me to compare the price, construction, and materials for Eagle, Anderson, and Marvin windows and I felt I got the best with Marvin's. The ultrex is advertised as only expanding/ contracting as much as glass with the temperature- that is a huge difference when compared to vinyl!

• qbryant
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Jds.you don't think a marvin will hold up for 20 years,I sure don't want fading and have to replace,that's the point of putting in a better window.
    There is a company local that makes alumnimn clad windows I haven't checked with.
    Thanks
  • User
    8 years ago

I didn't say that.

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Be skeptical about off-brand aluminum clad windows; they often use roll-formed rather than extruded aluminum.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!