Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnmom80

Marvin Infinity vs Lindsay Pinnacle for MN Full Replacement

mnmom80
8 years ago

Hello,

I'm remodeling a 70's townhouse that has old Pella alum/wood casement windows & patio doors. I'm re-insulating the whole unit and doing full replacement windows in order to make it more efficient. I'm looking for performance and low-maintenance above all else. After lots of research, I've narrowed it down to Lindsay Pinnacle Vinyl Exterior/Vinyl Interior or Marvin Infinity Fiberglass on both sides. The Marvin is coming in $4000 more than Lindsay for 16 casements and 2 sliding doors. My gut says go Fiberglass since $4000 is not an awful lot more than Vinyl. I had Marvin Integrity in my last house - a combination of double hung and casements and I didn't care for the d.h.s but loved the way the casements performed.

I also bid Andersen 100s, but passed on them after realizing the warranty was not lifetime.

Any thoughts?

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    8 years ago

You mentioned insulation and performance, what about either of those two is making you lean in their direction? How cold does it get where you live and have you considered triple pane? Being in the casement family, all of them should be pretty darn airtight.

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

Just looked at the Lindsay website and the pinnacle looks pretty darn solid.

from the look of it, seems like the Lindsay will have the performance edge.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    8 years ago

There website information is somewhat limited, "seems like" would not be enogh information for me to go on. Is this a DIYS project or installed by others? Marvin's are typically not top performers and there are some others vinyls I'd consider.

• mnmom80
    Original Author
    8 years ago

It gets very cold in MN. Like I said, I had the Marvin Integrity - which was fiberglass exterior/wood interior and really liked the casement version. The Marvin Infinity is fiberglass exterior and interior. I did not want wood interiors because I don't want to worry about painting/repainting or wood being exposed to or damaged by potential condensation. Both windows have the same argon gas and low E366 glass. I know the Lindsay is a good window, but I did like the look of the Marvin Infinity better, did not care for the look of the corner welds on the Lindsays vinyl. I feel that the increased strength of fiberglass over vinyl is worth the extra $4000. This is not a DIY project. The windows will be installed by a contractor that is an authorized installer of Lindsay and Marvin with 66 years in business.

• Phil Trowbridge
    last month

Hello! Bringing this one back from the graveyard - wife and I are having this EXACT debate right now with a SFH in IL, so similar climate.

What did you end up deciding on and how have they performed over the last 5+ years?

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    last month

Phil...If HomeSealed will service your area...you won't find a better shop to do the job. The Okna 800 or 1000 are as good as it gets in vinyl. I don't see much data on the Lindsay website with regards to thermal or air infiltration data. Those are both going to be critical in your climate.

• Jon James
    26 days ago

Bought 17 Lindsey Pinnacle casement windows two years ago and would not recommend them to anyone. At least four of them leak air thru the cranks or where the glass meets the frame. Freezing cold in the winter wind in the bedroom and bathroom. No help from the dealer or company. Run my hand across the inside glass and it's black from road dust. Bad batch I guess. Also condensation along the bottom glass.