Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Garden art: Cute critters? Or ... cluttery crap?

IdaClaire
8 years ago

I don't have a handle on yard stuff anymore! We've gone from a 75 year old house with a mishmash of DIY plantings to a brand new place with a professionally landscaped front, and a blank canvas in the back (save for the grass and one tree). At our old house, I had a few touches of "garden art" here and there, but didn't bring any of it with me to the new place. I just wanted to start completely over, and while I do not intend to clutter up the yard with a lot of STUFF, I wouldn't mind giving it a touch of personality here and there.

I find myself smitten with these bunnies. They aren't very big, only about 18.5" high and 12.5" long, so I could easily find a place for them among the front shrubs or perhaps even on the back patio. They're aluminum, and I assume they'd hold up fine against the outdoor elements.

Are they as cute as I think they are? Or are they just cluttery crap? I honestly just don't know about things like this anymore. How to incorporate little touches tastefully? Or does tasteful, by its very definition, preclude cuteness?

Any thoughts?

Comments (88)