Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bromishy

Having Trouble Uploading Photo's

Trish
8 years ago

Hi Everyone!

HELP please, is there a secret to uploading photo's when creating a new thread as when I click on the camera photo picture icon and select a picture to upload from my files nothing appears to happen, it does not upload or give me a message as to why it has not uploaded (size constraints etc.)? Not too sure what I am doing wrong but still feeling my way around this forum so will have to keep trying and look up help hints possibly to work it out. I did manage to save a Vriesea picture on my profile space so that's a start :)

Speak soon hopefully as I would really like to start sharing some pictures of my bromeliads with everyone here. We have recently had some much needed rain so I have taken some fresh pictures around the garden as they are really looking there best at the moment with a lot of them coming into bloom and showing lots of great colour; it's amazing what a bit of rain does for them and how quickly they look like they have had a makeover after a bit of the fresh stuff.

Cheers Trish

Comments (4)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    8 years ago

Could be a size restriction. I hear more of this happening lately. My pix are 10 megapixels and not an issue. At the link below you can submit a request for help.

Houzz Support

tj

• splinter1804
    8 years ago

Hi everyone.

Trish - Been there and done that!

It seems this problem of loading pic's follows me on a couple of different forums. I was able to load pic's on here OK originally and then I couldn't. I gave it a miss for a few days and tried again, but finally I gave up trying to load pic's.

It was maybe two months later I thought I'd try again with a few new pic's and it worked. I didn't do anything different in regards to loading, so it maybe the size of the pic's I was trying to load originally were too big.

Trish, the programme I use is Microsoft Picture Manager which is part of Microsoft Office and what I do is bring up the picture I want to post, go to the task bar and click on "edit".

A pop up screen called "Edit Pictures" will show on the right side of your picture giving you various editing choices.

I scroll down to to the bottom where it shows in bold print "Change Picture Size", and I click on "Resize".

Another pop up screen will appear called "Resize Settings" and on this there are several options.

I go to option three which is an elongated box under the heading of "Predefined width and height" and click on that

Within this box will appear six other options; I select option 3 "Web Large" (640 x 480 px) and click OK which will automatically reduce the size of you pic.

You could try other options also but this is the one I find that works for me.

All the best, Nev

• MrBlubs
    8 years ago

When uploading photos I always click Houzz Photo then click browse in the white square that says drag and drop photos here and have never had any issues. For phones the pics will be in your DCIM and for computers in your files.

You can also upload photos straight from your idea books as well.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    8 years ago

One thing I forgot to mention is that Houzz frequently gets in a hosed state and no pix can be posted. It generally clears in a short time but can take as much as a day, perhaps due to server work being done.

tj

Sponsored
EasyHeat
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Easy-to-Install, Reliable Heating Products in North America