Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phil6092

Bradford hall tudor brick- was this an off run? a follow up prev Quest

phil6092
8 years ago
I was looking at having this brick shipped up from North carolina to Indiana.
In the sample it looks much whiter. I saw your comment where you had to touch it up. I didn't know if this was an off run and general shale has since changed their brick.

Thanks so much!

Phil
White Brick and White Mortar · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Renovation of Greenville
    6 years ago

Sorry, I've been so busy, overlooked your last question. Probably too late but, the homeowner was very specific in the beginning about the brick and mortar being very white and General Shale manager said not to worry, it would be exactly what he wanted. When we began laying brick with the white beach sand shipped in, there was variance in the brick colors as well as the mortar between bags. General Shale again said not to worry, they would make sure he was happy with it. At the end of 38,000 brick, they brought in a staining crew from Virginia for 3 days. Those guys literally touched up every brick and every mortar joint to make it consistent. It was incredible to watch their artistry.

One pointer, keep straw or sand around all ground perimeters to keep off mud stains. You can see at the street where we experienced torrential rains that season with mud running the streets, where the brick was stained after the crew left.

That brick does make a beautiful job.