Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sewsmore

Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Bev
8 years ago

Lets us know if you are a dog or cat lover or maybe you love both! Please post your fur baby's pics!

Dog Lover
Cat Lover
Love Both
Other-Please explain in comments

Comments (119)

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

Punkin. he was very premature....about one week. (which is very preemie as gestation is only 5 months) He was the world's tiniest Icelandic lamb. His mother didn't even know she'd given birth......she just squatted and he slipped out. We bottle raised him....he grew into a big strong boy.

Bev thanked eightpondfarm
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Another sweet pic! I know bottle raising an animal takes a lot of stamina since they have to be fed so often. My brother decided to bring home baby rabbits one year after the mother was killed. We all had to take turns with those midnight and early morning feedings!

• Annie K
    8 years ago
    this is my baby!
    Bev thanked Annie K
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

What a sweetie pie benjie13! Thanks for posting!

• Geneviève
    8 years ago

I love to see photos of all those adored pets that are shared on here . We lived in the country for many years and had all sorts of pets , cats ,dogs, a goose that was like a guard dog , and slept next the one of the dogs in the garage during the Summer time, chickens and ducks whom recognized my car from a distance and came up the driveway to greet me and followed the car all the way to the house . We had to leave most of them behind when we moved , the dogs both died and I still miss them , the cats were barn cats and stayed in the country . Memories such as these are precious ,perhaps those who don't have pets wont understand the feeling of it all but for those of us who have pets and have experienced those moments and continue to do so these days are priceless. Here is a photo of Mitzi the cat, he was an older cat when I adopted him when we moved to the city it took him a week to come up to me , when I went to the shelter i was told that he had been in an abusive home , after that he became my sewing buddy, he died many years ago .

Bev thanked Geneviève
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

My Maine Coon, Tigger (photo in the first comment) was adopted from the Last Chance Pet Rescue. If I had not adopted him the weekend I did, he would have been put down. He is a gorgeous, loving cat and he has been my big baby ever since I brought him home. It did take him a few days to get used to us and the house. I believe he might have been abused at one time because of how afraid he was of certain sounds. He also goes into hiding when we have company. Two of our three cats have been rescued!

• dogmom5
    8 years ago

I love both. We always have had cats with dogs & never had any problems bringing a new puppy or kitten into our home. These guys were our three musketeers & always together. Koko our cat lived 22 years & groomed both dogs, always purring. This has been the longest time we've been without a cat in over 44 years. Some day we'll rescue one again. All 3 of these guys are now together over the Rainbow Bridge. They were true kindred spirits.

We now are down to 2 dogs having lost one over a year ago. Pets give us so much laughter. If only they knew how funny they are. I can't imagine not having a dog & cat in my life.

Bev thanked dogmom5
  • dogmom5
    8 years ago

The past is over & done with. It serves no purpose to bring up things we can't change. Let it go & move on. Each day is a new beginning, a new start to try to get it right, to do better.

Bev thanked dogmom5
  • dogmom5
    8 years ago

It brings me smiles seeing all these pics of your pets & some of your stories. Big dogs, little dogs, hairy & shaved, all sorts of sizes & colors of cats, even one who looks like Madeleine Albright! Then there are the sweet baby lambs. I love how threads like this bring out pet owners who want to share their love of their 4-legged friends to us. Pet owners are a special group of people. It's not just a dog or cat. They're loved & part of the family. I doubt these threads will ever feel "old" or overdone. The simple pleasures of sharing one's life with a pet is always a delight to see & read.

Bev thanked dogmom5
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks dogmom5 for sharing and posting your pics of your furry friends!

• mdkam
    8 years ago
    I love all animals but I think my front door mat shows my preference (and love of quirky decor).
    Bev thanked mdkam
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

That's cute mdkam!

• mdkam
    8 years ago
    They would make pretty cute door prizes, not that we'd ever give them away!
    Bev thanked mdkam
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks for posting pics of your dogs!

• Jennifer K
    8 years ago

I wouldn't mind winning the dog. But the horse would be a bit much for me. ;)

Bev thanked Jennifer K
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I would not want the horse in my house! If I had a dog, it would have to a small breed like another American Eskimo Dog (I loved the first one we had).

• mdkam
    8 years ago
    Thankfully Great Danes are quite lazy (though not as much when they're young) and ours is a senior so he now likes to double as a rug in between short walks. It's the little 40 lb one that has all the energy!
    Bev thanked mdkam
  • sofikbr
    8 years ago

our baby Rusty

Bev thanked sofikbr
  • User
    8 years ago

I have a Pom too, my old girl Oso.

Bev thanked User
  • User
    8 years ago

I don't know why it cropped her head that way.

Bev thanked User
  • sofikbr
    8 years ago

So cute :), love poms

Bev thanked sofikbr
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks for posting your adorable fur babies sofikbr and rollinggirl!

• lexiebeard
    8 years ago

Cats are the shizz fo sho

My Bedroom · More Info

Bev thanked lexiebeard
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Your kitty looks right at home on your bed!

• Mira T
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I've never had a dog but I really like some of my friends' dogs. I want a dog that'd sit on your lap when you watch Games of Thrones or something. I do have a cat now, and she's the reason why we can't really get another pet because we've seen how mean she was to our friend's kitten. She's 9 years old now, but she still has huge mood swings, and vets have actually put her on meds because of it (she's considered bipolar in human terms). We've done a lot to keep her happy, and now we're building a house I'm actually consider letting her run around in the backyard (with a leash I think, I'm too afraid she'd not come back). We've been living in Boston apartments and now NYC apartment, so she's always been an indoor cat, I really hope she'd like the idea of being "outside" once our new home is done. When she's nice, she looks like this.

Bev thanked Mira T
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Keep her indoors miratseng, if you can. She will live longer! My mom has one of the moodiest and at times nasty cat that I have ever been around. Now that he has heart problems and is 18 years old, he has finally chilled out!

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

Julio and Bunny, two of our guardllamas (guardians of the sheep flock)

• Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Great photos eightpondfarm!

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

• Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

What is that--a cow or a buffalo?

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

What goes up, must come down ;-)

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

@ Bev, that is two creatures. Both of them llamas. They have a job which is to guard our flock. ie: to protect the sheep from predators.

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Here's a cow : (well, actually, it's a calf) a bull calf, named Dickens.

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

More of our dogs:

• PRO
    Beck Custom Homes, LLC
    8 years ago

Lucky Dog · More Info

Bev thanked Beck Custom Homes, LLC
  • PRO
    Beck Custom Homes, LLC
    8 years ago

A little surprise for our client! Not your ordinary dog door.

Bev thanked Beck Custom Homes, LLC
  • havingfun
    8 years ago

mirat, believe me she will love it, and probably calm down. my one cat had the kidney stone thing at 9. he got it again, i had just paid twice for the hospital visits, did not have funds due to divorce, was going to have to put him to sleep, expensive foods did 0 good. for some reason he ran outside at night, he never did that, after an hour i gave up and went to bed, worked to jobs and had my son and him and 2 dogs. next day i saw him. he seemed less swollen acted more normal, was happy to be out for once. so i left him. changed his diet to go with it. he lived to be 19 in the middle of the big city, in my front yard. yes, sadly, his eye sight was going he walked in the middle of the road to go next door and this evil person- killed cats on a regular basis, killed him with their car. but he would have lost 10 years of his life if i had not. every case is different. i have a 6 foot wooden fence and a screened porch, my 14 yo cat, spends nearly all day curled up in a pile of leaves in the side yard, every summer. only one can really climb out any more and he is doing it less.

Bev thanked havingfun
  • dogmom5
    8 years ago

eightpondfarm

Love seeing all your dogs & animals you have. Would love having each one of them too & live on a small farm. Never knew llamas could watch a flock & protect them. They are so pretty. Friendly too?

Bev thanked dogmom5
  • Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

eightpondfarm definitely has a menagerie going on and I have also been enjoying seeing photos of your animals!

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

Hungry. a barncat of ours. She is 19 in this photo.

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

Noble. Also a barncat. He is a very dominant cat .... the dogs are all afraid of him.

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

Kathryn Lynn Hadler, a Scottish Highland cow, and her bullcalf, Stewart

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

Another picture of Dickens, a Scottish Highland bullcalf.

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

Twiggy's twins: Cheryl and Tieggs. (they are Icelandic sheep lambs)

• eightpondfarm
    8 years ago

and THIS beautiful little boy, is my all time best sheep friend, Tank, when he was a wee lamb

• Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Great pics eightpondfarm! Noble is really beautiful, especially his face!

• Bev
    Original Author
    8 years ago

This is Tiki! We adopted him almost 3 years ago. He is everyone's favorite at the vets office!

• Kathy
    7 years ago

Merry Christmas to all pet owners and their pets

• tooky58
    7 years ago

Marlowe the dog and Pumpkin the mini lop.

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    3 years ago

my to hatch babies: