Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitchell_parker

Share Your Wild House Party Stories!

Mitchell Parker
7 years ago

Ruppert Backyard · More Info

What's the craziest thing that's happened during a house party you've hosted or attended?

Comments (66)

• leslieg2013
    7 years ago

If I told you I'd have to kill myself.

• Carrie Berry
    7 years ago

Wow! Some crazy stories! Mine seems tame in comparison... With the folks out of town, I invited some girlfriends over and it turned into a teen house party. One drunk guy punched a hole in the wall and someone stole my dad's stash.

My younger brothers, who were not involved, helped me out. We stayed awake all night after we kicked everyone out to patch and paint the hole in the wall. We decided that it was too white and didn't match the rest of the wall so we rubbed a bit of mud on it to help it blend with the rest. I guess you could say that was my first DIY project!

Did not know about my dad's missing stash until the next day. When they arrived home and he discovered it missing, they phoned me at my workplace, I was a candy striper at the time, and demanded that I come home immediately. Oh boy, did I get punished! I was 15 at the time and my dad pronounced me grounded until my 16th birthday! They never mentioned the drywall repair job though...

I set a precedent for my younger sibs. That was the first and last time any of us were permitted to stay home while my parents were away!

• PRO
    dreamdoctor
    7 years ago

craigmerrow - whenever I hear the name Plymouth Satellite I think of "Planet Claire" by the B-52s. "She drove a Plymouth Satellite, faster than the speed of light."

• PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    7 years ago
    As a journalist I nearly drowned at a pool party where the staff was celebrating completion of the Football Preview special section. But at least I got a column out of it: "Journalist sinks to new depths."
  • kiffkat
    7 years ago

@leslieg2013 - haha!!

• Jo Unrau
    7 years ago

I lived in a commune in late 60's early 70's. We were raided by the police & they were looking for illegal substances. I'd done laundry shortly before & when they pounded on the door hid everything under laundry on my bed & threw some undies on top. When they wanted to see my room I said, sorry about the mess, just did laundry & picked up a pair of undies. They looked everywhere else but not under the laundry. I still laugh about that. :)

• havingfun
    7 years ago

having just gotten to the party, i promptly climbed the railing on the 2nd story porch, it had to do with 2 guys, you how it is. anyway fell off and broke my nose. at the hospital a crazy party attender i did not know came in, having crashed his motorcyle. he was very high and kept cursing. i wasn't high they kept saying i was, and i kept saying test me. anyway we ended up with 2 narcs living in the complex. good thing i was popular with the baseball team. lol

• Hope ForBest
    7 years ago

Upstairs neighbor had a party once, someone threw beer cans out the window all into the bushes next to our unit, then they threw his underpants into the bushes, then they dropped a cigarette and set the bushes on fire. Landlord made him move after that,

• Craig Merrow
    7 years ago

Reminds me of something I read earlier today: A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail. A REAL friend is someone who will sit beside you and say, "That sure was fun!"

• ssqm
    7 years ago

Many years ago when I was living in Geneva, Switzerland I decided on throwing a New Year's Eve house party. When I went to buy hats for the occasion, the only ones available were those paper cone shaped ones at $1 EACH! Spending $60 was not acceptable. Solution? I told all my friends that we are going to make our own hats and to bring whatever - egg cartons, yogurt cups, bits of ribbon - whatever. The hats that were created were absolutely FABULOUS! It was such fun and the best party ice-breaker ever!

• havingfun
    7 years ago

that is where those forks went? hmmm

• callmelil
    7 years ago

There are a lot of very tame "wild" parties listed here. Aside from the ones I don't remember the top on my list might be the LA County life guard's birthday party I attended. It was in a house with an indoor pool and they kept throwing girls into the pool so they would have to take their clothes off. The guys had no problem with taking their own clothes off. I checked out the pool early on but it was heated and I found it unpleasant. So I got a beer and just sat by and watched.

• PRO
    dreamdoctor
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

callmelil - This is a Houzz forum not a Penthouse forum - trying to keep it fairly vanilla and PG/PC. Architects take an oath about certain things - so some things cannot be aired publicly. Yeah, the Herb Tarllick (sp) party got a bit out of hand in a fond memory kind of way. Still have the jacket.

• Hope ForBest
    7 years ago

One person's wild is another person's tacky.

• PRO
    dreamdoctor
    7 years ago

Well, there's wild,

tacky and there's fun - and I still fit my Herb Tarlick suit! A surprisingly well made jacket and pants.

• User
    7 years ago

Made from the lining of a picnic basket?

• PRO
    dreamdoctor
    7 years ago

Dude - the trim on the rear pants pockets match the jacket. Unfortunately the white platform shoes and three hole wide belt are lost to history/obscurity. Truly a work of art.

• User
    7 years ago

Truly, indeed.

• labincurlers
    7 years ago

This was back in the 80’s and we invited two couples over for a fondu. As you know, they tend to drag on and it's easy to out drink your food. At some point the fuel needed refilling and one of the guys slopped it on the table as he lit it and we had a bonfire in the middle of the dining room table. I forgot to mention all three men, mine included, were proffesional firefighters so it shouldn't have been that big a problem, right? One grabs the oven mitts and starts dabbing the fire, sets the mitts on fire, runs them over to the sink like he's carrying a platter of fire and throws them in, so the other two, again, one of mine, seems to think this must be the right thing to do and started dabbing the fire with the napkins and running them to the sink, gowing back and doing the same over again. Eventually one of the wives, not me, picked up a big lid and set it over the fire. It burned a hole about a square foot in the wooden table. They have all retired years ago but we still talk about that party.

• Craig Merrow
    7 years ago

When I was stationed at Clark AB, Philippines years ago, I rented a house off-base that was in, for the most part, a quiet neighborhood. There were some locals who lived across the street that made furniture, and they were really nice people. The house next to me was rented by another military guy named Bill who liked to crank his stereo up all the way, and at all hours. Everyone would tell him to turn it down, but he would eventually turn it up again. One day there was a huge explosion; apparently someone (possibly one of the locals who lived across the street) became fed up with him and lobbed a stick of dynamite over the fence and into his front yard. He suddenly vanished a couple days later, and a few days after that his landlord stopped by to ask me where Bill was - guess he was owed some back rent. I tried to help him by putting him in touch with Bill's commanding officer, but I don't know if he ever got paid.

• kimi_eagle_1
    7 years ago

When we were in high school a Long, Long time algo the were teo 'jocks' popular with parents, students, and teachers and will accepted by our down. They were perderme, with decent grades who help good jobs year round. As seniors who Turner 18 early their senior year, they decided to go and move into their own place. A popular condo in the área. One weekend they had a Party. Thinking no one was coming at the planned arrival of 7;00 Sharp, they began to drink. Boys being boys, who became drunk from bootleg whisky, they went Up on their roof to use their time of multi-tasking talking while drinking and urinating. What they did n't know was a large group of people had let themselves in. As did some police officers. The guests went looking for their hosts. As did the officers. When the officers did n't find the young men inside They stepped out the back to look for them at the precise time the golden shower has begun to fall as if planned directly on the officers!! And in full view of their fellow students!

• shamasbay
    7 years ago

When our daughter was in grade 8 we let her host a NYE party for about 40 kids. She wouldn't let me make any food, as all the kids were bringing something. We checked all the kids at the door, making sure no booze was smuggled in. I commented to my husband that the kids were not very dressed up for a NYE party. They arrived bringing snack food and several bowls of JELLO. We stayed upstairs as the party got underway in the basement. Soon after everyone arrived, we heard screaming and yelling and a few boys ran upstairs. Their shirts were all stained red! We went to the basement to discover that they had had a JELLO fight. The ceiling, walls and floor were splattered in JELLO! We kept our cool but, told them nobody could leave until it was all cleaned up. I brought them buckets of water, cleaner and rags. After a couple of hours, it was cleaned to our satisfaction and they partied on. We never told any of their parents. Some of the kids told their parents years later and we all laugh about it now.

• fringedweller
    7 years ago

I lived on 8th floor, and our conga-line went out the hallway, filled both elevators up, and two other groups took a stairway down. We all met in the lobby, and conga-ed out, and around the block, and then back up again. On the way back, less people elected to take the stairs, and none who took the stairs up the 8 floors passed out. While waiting for the elevator, line had to keep dancing. It was a rule somebody came up with, so of course we all had to follow that.

It was a great party. I had 2 parties a year. I used to canvass the neighbours about their work schedule, and used to warn (and invite) them. We did sound checks for volume, and painted heavy line with Whiteout, on the stereo volume. In a concrete building, one can go surprisingly loud! I think I would sorely miss those days, but I know I don't have that much energy any more.

• PRO
    India Street Antiques / Danish Modern San Diego
    7 years ago

Thanks for sharing your stories, everyone, they are a fun read! Most of my stories are not for online sharing due to adult content and possible outing of known people, but I do recall a couple incidents that are okay to share.

At a friend's party that went quite into the later wee hours, guests had exited the house, but not the front yard and were making quite a racket via drunkenness, etc., so the host told a handful of us to hide in his bedroom as he turned the hose on those in the front yard. They ran from that water as if it would melt them!

I hosted an outdoor Halloween party one year in a space that was quite close to a neighbors home. The neighbor and I did not get along and had always clashed. I told her of the party 2 weeks in advance, along with the other neighbors, and even extended an invite. She indicated at that time that she was fine with the party. The night of the party, just as all the guests had arrived and had started drinking and the noise level had increased, the police came knocking on my gate. I was well into my cups, and the night was early, so I inquired as to why they were there. They said a neighbor had called regarding the noise. In my drunken state, I had the policemen follow me next door, up on to the neighbor's porch. I knocked on her door and when she opened, I asked her how she could call the police on us when I had given her fair warning and even invited her to the party. Then I called her a name that rhymed with itch. The officers departed with a suggestion to just keep the noise down, but the interruption dampened the party mood. Thankfully, a guest knew of another party, so we packed everything up and all met there.

• havingfun
    7 years ago

are you saying that bill and hill were part of the party crowd? and you just ousted them? you name dropper you! lol

• portagehouse
    7 years ago

We moved into a new home that hadn't been landscaped yet. We had a big party and ended up dancing in the back yard till all hours. The next morning when we got up the entire interior of the house was coated in a layer of dust from all the dirt we kicked up. Took days and days to get it cleaned.

• calvarylove
    7 years ago

Went to Canada for a "winter" party at a beach house; was stopped at the bridge and all three of us girls in the back seat had a bottle of wine up their back. Only the guys had to get out of the car - whew. Then we went to the beach house, had to break in as the "owner" (actually her parents owned it) said she forgot her key. We had a great time drinking and partying inside and out in the snow - then when we were leaving we were told her parents only rented the place - didn't own it. Our car was stuck in the snow and I nearly broke my jaw trying to help push it out as the car began to move and I hit the bumper. SO...we minors illegally took liquor over the bridge, broke into someone's beach home, and had too much fun to remember. Mind you, this was over 50 years ago - hard to believe I was a "wild child". I wouldn't recommend this to anyone - we were clearly being "saved" by a gracious heavenly Father.

• weathy
    7 years ago

Dreamdoctor, for your party posts and comments, this Houzz Forum needs an LOL circle next to the thumbs up circle.

• weathy
    7 years ago

Why didn't I think of that? Dynamite to shut up a loud neighbor party.

• skrawec
    7 years ago

When we were Much younger we had a party at a fishing camp in Canada.After many beverages,we decided to capture the flag,surrounded the post office,managed to get boosted up on the roof,swiped the flag and pole and marched it through the camp to plant it with military precision into the vent stack on the outdoor biffy. After the entire group saluted,we marched away in our wavy formation.

• PRO
    dreamdoctor
    7 years ago

weathy - I am humbled - as a "doctor" it is my joy to dispense medicine - laughter - or at least try. Thank you.

• punkylemons
    7 years ago

I have a 7 year old, who has many 7 year old friends, need I say more?

• laurielaf
    7 years ago
    We invited our entire family (huge family) for a weekend party. They brought tents and campers and set up camp in our yard. Things got pretty crazy the later the day got. My son-in-law set one of the tree tops on fire after setting off bottle rockets. My little niece managed to put the fire out with a super soaker. She had excellent aim, the adults were in no condition to aim. I went to bed in the wee hours, while many were still up enjoying the campfire and libations. When I got up the next morning, I walked out to the screened porch and found my brother-in-law duct taped onto the day bed out there. I woke him up to find out what kind of bondage games had been going on. He didn't remember getting taped into bed. His wife confessed to doing it. She said he kept wandering out into the woods behind my house and she figured this would keep him out of trouble.
  • Amy Klein
    7 years ago

The hostess, my friend, said: "Be careful...the bathroom door sticks!", just as I firmly shut and locked it. I shouted "Okay!", and when I was done doing what needed doing...I could not get out. I unlocked the door and...nothing. Knob wouldn't turn. Tried locking, unlocking, turning, pushing. Nothing. I was mortified. I knocked until I got attention. "Uh hey guys...I'm stuck." Several other people tried getting the door to move to no avail. Eventually, my friend's boyfriend had to knock down the door by ramming it with his shoulder and kicking at it. It opened, but the frame was splintered and everything. I was so embarrassed. I offered to help pay for the repair but they declined, saying that they knew it was a problem beforehand and would likely have replaced the door and frame anyway. Ugh. I was the drama/entertainment for the night.

• fringedweller
    7 years ago

Amy Klein, THEY, not you, would be the appropriately embarrassed ones!

• foreverfarm11
    7 years ago

My husband and I got married in the spring and had a celebratory picnic a month later. We had a bon fire and pig roast. It was great fun, with the exception of family leaving their kids run around destroying anything and everything. 3 days later, I had to kick the stragglers out...they were camping in my yard and wouldn't go....I was actually going to work and they were still partying. In the end I told them their kids have eaten every piece of food I had, they needed to take them home and feed them.

• sactobbb
    7 years ago

Two fond remembrances from college days... The most fun party my roomies and I hosted was a Life's a Beach party where we actually brought in enough sand to cover the entire living area several inches deep. A full-wall sized photo of a beach sunset, a few inflatable palm trees, multiple beach balls, a Mai Tai bar and continuous Jimmy Buffett tunes playing, and voila, we were all transported to a tropical paradise. Alas, getting all that sand out was a hellish chore that took us months. SO much vacuuming. Our home on Alvarado Drive was known as Alvarado Beach for the rest of my college years.

The second memorable party was just a typical college party with lots of people, drinking, carousing, etc. During clean-up the next day we found all these black marks that were each several inches long and all about six feet up on one long hallway wall. My roomies and I couldn't figure out for the life of us where they'd come from. Memory lapses. Party mystery. Then, about a week later, one of the party guests dropped by for a visit, saw the marks and started laughing. Apparently some of the guests had been having a contest to see who could drink the most beer while standing on their head and the marks way up the wall were scuffs from the heels of their cowboy boots. (BTW, it's not easy to drink standing on your head; you have to kind of drink backwards and if you aren't careful it goes up your nose instead of down your throat.) We ended up leaving the marks there and tagging them with the name and height of each of the "scuffers."

• Gary Legge
    7 years ago

after spending the night in freezing rain, til 'bout 3 in the morning stealing Christmas trees for our dorm common room. We hit the showers and decided to create a steam room by running the showers on pure hot water and towelling the entrance so no air could get out. After half an hour we all pass out, and then awakened to this loud crash like an explosion. It was about 30 feet of tiled wall 10 feet high had fallen to the ground, smashing all the tiles. In the morning no one in charge could figure out how the hell that could happen. We all got off scott free.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    7 years ago

I had a client have me design a deck above a first floor roof that was accessible from the second floor by a large window. They use to have parties on the roof, but kept loosing party-goers flying over the edge. The most frequent flyer was my client.

So far no one has fallen off the deck. The local emergency room misses my client.

• Frankie
    7 years ago

I wasn't there, I was too young. When my older brother and his friends were teens they had a party at his friends house while his parents were out of town. They were messing about with his father's motor bike and some how managed to throw sparks. It caught the garage on fire. Luckily a detached garaged as it burned to the ground taking the motor bike and his Mother's car with it. Sadly not the dumbest thing they ever did, just the most noticeable.

• fringedweller
    7 years ago

...hmmmmm, not that I was perfect or anything...(far from it)....but I'm thinking there could well be a line between crazy-fun, and drunken acts of juvenile delinquency!

• callmelil
    7 years ago

Congratulations Geraldine! Compared to your stories a bunch of naked LA County lifeguards seems like the most innocent thing since Eden.

• srgerova
    7 years ago
    On my 21st birthday I went to a bar, bought a bottle of Jose Quervo, brought it home, had three shots, climbed the tree outside our house and started singing. It took three guys to get me down......
  • shars55
    7 years ago
    Years ago, one of my friends had a birthday party for her husband. Another friend who was there suggested we sneak out into the garage where the hostess kept her Costco size packs of toilet paper....we took it and toilet papered her front yard while everyone else was inside. There were lots of people there, no one missed us. My friend, the hostess, was not very happy with us!
  • User
    7 years ago

• onewingstudio
    7 years ago

Tribbletrouble - Bless you for that.

• lindler
    7 years ago

We had a party in a house we were renovating - a friend locked the bathroom door and it wouldn't unlock. We ended up having to crawl in and out of the window to get access to take care of the situation.

• alex is
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

My snacks, drinks, a lot of pizza, and my band lol!! I remember my friend birthday’s party last year, he has a big house out of town! where we can be wild and loud all night long, we had such a crazy party next to the pool, my friend invited around 200 people !! he hired event lighting hire for audio and lighting services and to be honest they made the whole fun, I always used to bring so many snacks with me cause my friend always eats them LOL !! But in the end it was a crazy party and i’m really excited for the next one soon !

• PRO
    CoolAir Inc.
    3 years ago

The craziest of parties was in a party bus gaming stations and consoles for about 13 people. There were party add ons too. It was smashing to have a lots of fun in live gaming mode with all the friends together.