Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

OMG...OMG...OMG

mamapinky0
7 years ago

I just received a call from my dealer...service will be here tomorrow morning.....with my new SPEED QUEEN WASHER!!!!!

I'm in shock..I can't believe it...Speed Queen themselves called the distributor. They didn't tell me because they first had to check with their legal advisors and make sure they could intervien this way...Speed Queen says..We stand behind our products 100% and we have been working on this since your second call to us!!! They said their auditors already picked up on something being wrong do to the parts ordered....and my new machine comes with a whole new full warranty....THOUGHTS???

Comments (108)

• poppy214
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Round 42,ding, please call and email everybody today or you will be stuck.

• Michael
    7 years ago

Speed Queen is taking a beating in here.

• Errant_gw
    7 years ago

Wow, sure seems like SQ quality is wavering. Sorry you have to go through all of this, mama. I was thinking of you yesterday, as I was stuck behind an SQ service van on the way to work :(

• magothyrivergirl
    7 years ago

Are you able to tell if this is a manufacturing 'defect' in the finishing, or something the delivery guys caused?

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

No way ever to know but upon closer look..there's another smaller scratch..and its hard to see but there's dents where the scratches are.

• magothyrivergirl
    7 years ago

From your picture, the box looks fine.....did they use a lift gate to unload the machine off the truck?

• suburbanmd
    7 years ago

I assume you were watching like a hawk... Did you see or hear anything that could have caused the damage?

• sparky823
    7 years ago

Tell them you want the front panel from your old machine. Two screws off/ on. The washer I have now came boxed. Box was perfect, washer looked like it was dropped from a helicopter so I made sure on replacement it was unboxed. Got perfect machine.

Brothers wife bought new SQ TL in 07. Guys delivered it, turned it to spin, let spin and left. Added no water to it. Now 9 years old and hasn't missed a beat. Maybe this one will do better for you. My sister also had one,never serviced but at 12 years old the seal gave out and repair guy wouldn't touch it. She junked it and bought a FL.

• larsi_gw
    7 years ago

OMG...from that horrible handwritten note (horrible many ways!!) to the scratches you have on your supposedly new machine.

This SQ dealer is A W F U L! I would post a Yelp Review asap MamaP!!

I am so, so sorry for you!!

• Cavimum
    7 years ago

Oh wow, mamap, nice that they replaced it but that scratch is awful. :-(

• sashanikki
    7 years ago

Sparky, that's a great idea. My Bosch dishwasher was a scratch and dent, and had a horrible scratch in it. We bought it and the cost to buy a new front panel was not bad at all. Turned out the scratch was actually a sticker that had been pulled off, but some of the sticky residue was left behind and that part was scratched. A little goo gone and fine. But the panel would have been easy to replace.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The store ordered a new front panel..OMG...I have to LOL over this..I swear I will never buy so much as a toothpic from that store again...I included in my email to them that I want my shipping bolts returned also. As I was signing the other guy kifed my bolts. Haha. I'm going to email Speed Queen in the morning and go thru everything along with the new development and thank them for backing up their product.

The new washer appears to be running normal, and I truely thank the appliance gods lol. I'm slowely getting caught up, it will take awhile since I always shut down for a mid wash soak, Queenies intermission.

I should have the new front panel within a week.

Sparky I remember you telling us about your mangled machine..someone had to know it was being boxed that way..they probably got paid extra for anything over a certain quota, like piece work, and ssid heck with it.

• magothyrivergirl
    7 years ago

The same jerks are going to be installing the front panel??? Yikes!

I am sooooo happy it is washing & spinning as it should. (I'm still in love with my set.)

So the lowest guy gets to interpret the manufacturer's legal warranty and in writing to you no less??? Funny!! Make sure you send that to SQ.

• enduring
    7 years ago

Maybe she should be called "Queenie II"

• rpsinfoman
    7 years ago

That looks like a factory defect that was touched up. You can see the touch up clearly in the photo. If done in delivery it would have been scraped where you see metal. This was a new machine and not refurbed, correct? The box appeared sealed in your photo. The quality control at SQ really sucks. If it were me, they would get the whole dam machine back until they get it right. I am very sceptical of this brand.

• enduring
    7 years ago

Rpsin, my thoughts too about being a refurbished machine. And I thought it looked like a touched up scratch, and not at time of delivery.

• poppy214
    7 years ago

Maybe Pinky should ask Speed Queen if this machine is refurbished, by serial number. I wouldn't put it past "the dealer" to pull a fast one by way of pay back.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hmmm...hubs came home from work and looked at this and first thing he said was this was touched up....so yes I suspect you all are right about this.

I will be on the phone tomorrow with SQ...wonder whose idea this was SQ or the dealer...if it was SQ they sure arnt going to tell me the truth.

I am absolutly sick....I believe best thing for me is to demand a full refund.......there was a small amount of water in the pump when they delivered it..they are the ones that told me and said its because SQ tests every machine before it leaves.....Hmmm.

Thanks everyone, I appricate your advice, thoughts and support...I know what needs done now..I doubt it will be pretty, and I'm pretty sure I've reached the limit of my control.

• sparky823
    7 years ago

According to you tube where they show SQ on the line they are all tested with water, and then they put a sticker on the passed ones.

IMO you waited far too long about doing something about it when they said watch it for off balance loads. I would have called SQ to begin with, not the dealer. If I had been dis-satisfied with that first service I would have asked if there wasn't another within a reasonable distance. Probably not, but I would have ask.

Maybe just see if you can get them to buy it back and get you another brand. But they can all get dented regardless of brand. Bring the Roper out of retirement, your Mom would be happy. Ha! JMO Not trying to sound like a smarty.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Sparky I couldn't care less about a dent since the front panel can easily be replaced..but what if this was owned before and reconditioned...I will say the tub was full of polishing compound..however if reconditioned they probable would have polished the tub.

• sashanikki
    7 years ago

I definitely would want the history of the machine before I would keep it. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Sash, if there's a chance that this is a refurbished machineI do want to know and than I want it out of my house. But if SQ was involved in this they are not going to tell me.

If however it was just a scratch and dent of the front panel that's easily replaced. I can't find any info on SQ selling refurbished machines. But for sure someone touched this scratch up...so I'm back to wondering if it was the dealers floor model..and wondering how hard it would be to box it back up..so it looks as if it was never out of the box. For sure someone pulled a scam on me.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

How do you think I should word this when I call SQ...Good morning can you please run the serial number on my machine and tell me ifthis was refurbished lol

• magothyrivergirl
    7 years ago

My suggestion is to simply ask for the serial # of the machine that was sent from the distributor meant for you. Have your serial # in front of you. You are on a fact finding mission at this point :)

If it is the same #....than escalate this to supervisor of Quality Control.

• beaglenc
    7 years ago

Mama, I was so excited when you got you new Queen only to be deflated with the new development. This is getting beyond ridiculous! I'm sure they saw the scratch, and handwritten note on the invoice, this is just too much! How much money are you out? Really I would be tempted to say screw it and go shopping. Just a thought,for kicks and giggles but try googling the serial and model no.s and see what pops up.

It seems a little strange to me that SQ would touch up the front, so that's it's an obvious job and let it pass through. But then what do I know?LOL I wish you nothing but the best and for this ordeal to be over and done with. God bless you.

• poppy214
    7 years ago

If SQ won't do anything with the serial number. Immediately escalate to Supervisor Quality Control with this question: Please help me to understand , on May 23, so and so informed me by telephone that I was to receive a new replacement SQ 423 with a full new warranty. On May 25, a fully sealed box was delivered that has a retouched scratch and dent on the front panel (and whatever else you have found.) Is this truly a new machine? After everything that happened with my old machine does SQ really intend to deliver a damaged, refurbished machine?

Good Luck

• beaglenc
    7 years ago

Aren't serial no.s listed on the machines, under the model no.?

• poppy214
    7 years ago

the model number and the serial number of the machine should be on the shipment documents delivered yesterday and they should match.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hello SQ..I need to check and make sure my machine was registered..we will be happy to help you can you please give me the serial #.. I did..no mam it hasn't been registered but I can help you..at this point I ask for manufactur date for my records, it was manufactured April 2016 and indeed left their facility 9 days ago headed for Johnstown Pa, that's when I told him what was going on..he was a bit shocked at all of this...and couldn't understand who or why the scratch was touched up during manufscture whena new front cover could have been put on instead of a touch up...he also said if the dealer did this it would have been very difficult to rebox in an unopened box..so in fact it happened at SQ or it happened during delivery and its not actually touched up. If he's to be believed and he probably is since I gave him my mothers last name when I called. It is possianle this was done yesterday and hasn't been touched up at all...otherwise it went thru a lot after leaving SQ 9 days ago....by the way they are sending me a letter to the effect that i have a full 3 year warranty with this new machine. I than told him about what dealer wrote on my sign off paper...he said it sounds to him that the service tech was trying to save face as to why he couldn't repair the machine so placed blame on me..he also won't be surprised if after they autopsy the machine they find electrical changes made...by the service tech..so I look like the guilty party....but I will never find that out.

He told me that hand written notice is not a contract from SQ and to disreguard it..its not even valid.

Thoughts??

• poppy214
    7 years ago

Be very careful. I would send a documenting letter (as well as email) to Speed Queen summarizing your conversation with the rep, your delivery story with pictures, and ask their advice on further action. The "dealer and associates" are apparently not to be trusted to perform the services contracted for.

mamapinky0 thanked poppy214
  • Alex Chicago
    7 years ago

Agree with Poppy. I would say that whenever this is all resolved to your satisfaction, a certified letter should be sent to SQ -- first thanking them for finally resolving your issues, but also documenting in detail the number of issues you have had with the dealer.

mamapinky0 thanked Alex Chicago
  • mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks guys..exactly what I'm going to do...I just spoke to store owner...I questioned this hand written notice on my sign off paper..he said its because there's a work around for water fill levels in order to have the machine fill with more water...AND this could possibly be what has caused issues with my machine..to much water causing damage...WHAT..I knew that slimey service tech was going to blame me...I never messed with this..besides I get a full fill..and if I still needed more water there's a reset button to add more. AND reset will only fill the machine so full.. it stops if it gets to a certain point. Only thing I ever did was the clothes pin..and it has nothing to do with actually changing the electrical...I'd love to casterate the service tech...and change my name to bobbit

• suburbanmd
    7 years ago

How is the new machine working, and how is the tub finished? Now that you know it's a new machine and no one did a switcheroo, if it's in good working order then I think the level of concern can go way down. Let them replace the scratched panel, and be done with it. Or if you can't work with this dealer in the future and there's no other authorized servicer that you like within 50 miles travel (per the warranty requirements), then return it and forget about Speed Queen. That's my opinion.

• poppy214
    7 years ago

Why not include "the dealer's and associates'" latest baseless assertions in your letter. Why would "they" seek to blame you when they had warned you at the time of original purchase that such changes would void any warranty. It is pretty obvious that the "technician" could not diagnose the problem by the continual orders for new parts. Congratulations Dumb, Dumber, and Clueless, you may have opened yourselves to a law suit.

• magothyrivergirl
    7 years ago

hahahaha!!! Include the dealer!

There has to be another service company in your area. My dealer was not listed in the service on SQ website because they only service the machines they sell. Ask SQ for another service company--you simply do not trust the dealer or his techs. They have proven not to be reliable, knowledgeable or honest in handling your situation. I would not trust them to change the front panel and not screw something else up. The important issue is the washer's performance. The damaged front panel is easily replaced.

The dealer is paid for service calls. Maybe that's how they make their money.

For giggles....you should ask the history on your previous machine.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The new machines tub is in beautiful condition, no rust spots and no unfinished weld seams...and the machine runs like a dream. Sounds are quiet and smooth. Speed Queen actually told me this morning that I can replace the front cover myself if I want with no warranty issues..so maybe...I'll write more later I have a appt to get to....Thanks guys...

• paperweights
    7 years ago

This is such good news, mamap! I was so hoping that Speed Queen would treat you right, since I am a new Speed Queen owner also. I am glad to feel that I can trust SQ after all. I'm glad they said you could change the cover yourself. Maybe you won't have to deal with the problem dealer anymore!

• dadoes
    7 years ago

"I'm confused. If the new machine left their factory 9 days ago, then why
    did the techs come out last Thursday and order a new pump?"

The serial number indicates the manufacture date. The machine surely was warehoused for a few days before shipping off to MamaPinky. Unlikely it was produced specifically and immediately for her. As I recall, the servicer had a new pump and belt on-hand (surely they keep some common parts in stock) and presumably was unaware of SQ's involvement for replacing the machine when the pump replacement were done.

MamaPinky, it's unlikely adding water with Reset caused any damage. The dealer is just grasping for possible blame. You'd have to add enough to cause an overflow for any adverse effects to occur.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Dadoes Thank You. .only thing I can figure about the dates is...my dealer wanted one more shot at fixing my machine so he could keep the replacement LOL..ya I don't know.

I dont know how to figure manufactur date from the serialnumber but if anyone does would you do it for me please..serial #

• georgect
    7 years ago

Mama if your model number is AWN432SP113TW04 (I think that's your model), it was manufactured April 2016 from this web site...

http://www.appliance411.com/service/date-code.php

• paperweights
    7 years ago

Very cool website, george! Mine was manufactured in February, a month before I purchased it. That is good to know.

• Cathy Eh
    7 years ago

Mama, I have been watching this unfold. I am glad you are getting results. I, myself am having issues with a brand new Blomberg dryer and am hoping to get positive results as well. I actually signed up with an account so I could comment, post my own experience and ask for advice on here based on your situation with your Queenie, so thank you for giving me courage! George, thank you for the cool website. I have bookmarked it.

• rpsinfoman
    7 years ago

Your probably better off replacing the front panel if the machine is humming along. I just can,t understand why they would even box a machine with such a cosmetic defect and expect any customer to be satisfied and create in most cases an automatic return of the product. If there QC practices are any indication of the good ole Made in the USA label, it's no wonder why manufacturing jobs have been lost to foreign competition. Pink, your experience has been off the hook.

• sashanikki
    7 years ago

And now seeing the other post on a doa dryer makes me really wonder about QC. Maybe they are having to expand quickly for the demand.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

GEorge my dear boy...ThankYou. ..yes that's my model #..so we know it was built last month...I have decided Sins right I'm better off replacing the front panel since this machine does appear new, and is working flawlessly...I almost want to whisper that so the laundry demons don't get wind of it.

Cathy, I'm sorry your having problems with your dryer, its hard enough when we have to deal with a broken appliance, but than we have to deal with dealers and manufactures that are broken. Everyone here will help you the best they can, as you can see this is a wonderful and helpful group of folks.

There's one reason my machine was boxed this way..some idiot at the factory could have been told about his mess ups in damaging the goods, so he had it boxed this way....its also possiable that it hasn't been touched up..its hard to tell for sure, so maybe delivery did it...also I posted a pic of the box...but that could have been the back..maybe both sides of the box are printed the same and maybe the other side of the box is damaged. . I'll have to look closely at the pic and see if it says front or back.

I'm just glad this is comming to an end. .lol

I thank all of you for your support and advice.. ((HUGS))) To you all.

• rococogurl
    7 years ago

You habpve the serial and know its new. New panel with resolve the scrapes. I would so try to get SQ to drop your dealer.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

One thing SQ is doing is helping me find service other than the service provided by the store/dealer. When I think about all of this, after the friction ring was replaced I had a whole new set of problems..I think service messed something up when they replaced the ring.

• poppy214
    7 years ago

."I think service messed something up when they replaced the ring." Oh really??? Clueless thought you needed a motor, a timer, and made electrical modifications too. Needs to return to repair school for further training. Speed Queen needs all the help it can get if this is the quality of merchant they want to carry their product. Wonder how many other former customers there are who didn't have your persistence?

• rococogurl
    7 years ago

They will get you someone good. But hope you won't need service at all.

• Cathy Eh
    7 years ago

exceptional after sales service is becoming harder and harder to come by eh? it seems that it is all sunshine and lollipops while you are considering buying...