Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moranmel

Pendant lights for my dining table

moranmel
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a space and need to zone the dining room area. I just purchased a new table with black loop legs and black chairs so would like the pendant(s)

o match.

Comments (22)

• PRO
    El Debel Designs
    7 years ago
    Your space is nice and open so a simple pendant light/ chandelier.
  • Ann B
    7 years ago
    Hi. I think this pendant would look wonderful, and throw a really interesting shadow onto your ceiling.
  • girlguides
    7 years ago
    I like @el dobel designs pendants 1 & 3 for your room
  • asquithoatley
    7 years ago

I like this pendant with a touch of black

• PRO
    Italstyle Lighting Design
    7 years ago

A feature pendant would look fantastic over the dinning table. http://www.italstyle.com.au

• KK1000
    7 years ago
    This lights are large enough for zoning of
  • KK1000
    7 years ago
    And this
  • Gail C
    7 years ago

I agree with Pinben, I think it would look cluttered, you have a lovely angled ceiling, which in itself is a feature, a light would ruin the line of this. A rug to define and a center piece on table like a large white orchid or the like in the middle of the table would look great. Just my opinion, of course! :-)

• mel_mor20
    7 years ago

Thanks for your opinions. The roof isn't angled however it does look like it is in the photo but it's not. I sort of agree with pinben saying that it will interfere with the sight to outside. Maybe a open glass pendant will be better. I do like El Debel Designs first option.

• mel_mor20
    7 years ago

I was thinking something like this

• antoniafelstein
    7 years ago
    We are doing the same as our kitchen looks across the dining table out to the alfresco/pool so we did not want to obscure the view. We are going with clear glass pendants.
  • D Me
    7 years ago

May I recommend dispensing with the pendant lights altogether and going with huge, impressive candelabras on the table instead? It's so transportable! We did this at the last minute instead of putting pendant lights over our dining table and I've never looked back; since then I've chosen to put the table at various angles and in different places in the dining area, and it always looks grounded and good thanks to the two tall 5-candle candelabras down the centre. (I buy my candles at the 2 &5 ;D)

• Pauline
    7 years ago

I chose a pendant similar to Italstyle's second option so that it wouldn't obscure the water view beyond the dining area. Btw, it's white not red and the dimmable LED light shines from the outside, not inside. It's appropriate if you want a light that doesn't block a view or distract from it.

• PRO
    Natalie Nader Interior Stylist
    7 years ago

It might be worth while to consider the rest of the space also. Your breakfast bar/kitchen is located quiet closely to your dining table so depending on your kitchen space (apologies, I can't see too much of your kitchen from the photo) you might want to think about the overall style you want to achieve for you entire open plan space, and select pendants that would work for both your kitchen and dining.

This is a project I worked on recently that shows how two different types of pendants can work harmoniously in the one space that is most similar to your kitchen and dining set up.

Strathfield South · More Info

Strathfield South · More Info

Keep us posted on what you decide!

• asquithoatley
    7 years ago

Our see through pendant doesn't obscure views, made from thin rope.

• mel_mor20
    7 years ago
    Thanks Natalie Nader Interior Stylist.

Good advice. My kitchen looks like this but I want to change the island bench so don't want to add pendant there just yet.

Still not sure if I should get a pendant now.
  • zaffa
    7 years ago
    If you are in Melbourne, check out Mark Douglass Designs. Hand blown glass pendants that are absolutely divine!!!
  • PRO
    Natalie Nader Interior Stylist
    7 years ago

I would recommend waiting until you change the kitchen island so that you can consider the pendants together and create a more cohesive space where the kitchen and dining room marry.

But, if you want a more simplistic look overall, then I would say just go with the dining table pendant as you initially thought.

There's no right or wrong, just make sure your pendants suit the style of your home and furniture as you already have two very different looks already - your kitchen is light in colour and quite traditional/french and your dining setting is modern with replica influence.

• User
    7 years ago

Think about ease of cleaning.

• PRO
    Glenda Wing Interior Decorating
    6 years ago

Suggest two tiffany hanging lights in rich orange and green colours.

• robandlyn
    last year

old post