Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaubbs

Ceiling & Trim color reccomendations for BM Edgecomb Gray walls

kaubbs
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My walls are painted with Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray and am trying to decide the best matching color for the ceiling and trim. I have shortlisted down to Cloud White, White Dove, and Simply White.

Another thought is instead of using Whites for ceiling, would it make sense to use much lighter shade of dgecomb Gray for the ceiling?

Also, would BM Waterborne ceiling paint be the appropriate choice, instead of Aura. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

edgecomb gray, cloud white, white dove, simply white

Comments (14)

• Katrina Tate
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We are going through this process now. The contractor picked up the Edgecomb gray paint (BM Regal eggshell) but purchased a random white ceiling paint that we did not select as well as 5-gallons of trim paint in a random white color. For the doors and trim we selected Decorators white in Satin Impervo finish. He exchanged the 5-gallon container today.

I am considering painting the ceiling Edgecomb gray. We have 8ft ceilings and I think the uniformity will make the space look bigger.

kaubbs thanked Katrina Tate
  • kaubbs
    Original Author
    7 years ago

We finally picked White Dove for ceiling and trim, to go along with Edgecomb Gray walls (which cover majority of house), plus Linnean Green, Gray Owl, and Hampshire Rocks in the guest bedrooms. Depending on the light during the day, the contrast between the walls and ceiling varies (not too contrasty though, as at times there is little contrast between walls and ceiling).

• Helen Petersen
    5 years ago

I am preparing to paint my kitchen with either edgecomb gray or natural wicker for the walls with white dove for the ceilings. Do you have any pictures of your rooms with edgecomb gray with the white dove ceilings? I would love to see it to make my decision

• Evelyn Rodriguez
    5 years ago

Would love to see the completed projects with edgecomb gray and white dove.

• Katelyn Eisler
    2 years ago

Has anyone finished their Edgecomb Gray/White Dove project? I would love some feedback on how they like it.

• pairadocs185
    2 years ago

Has anyone tried Benjamin Moore marscapone as a trim color for Edgecomb grey.

• pairadocs185
    2 years ago

I like Benjamin Moore Marscapone as a trim color for edgecomb grey

• Susan Jebbia
    last year

I am painting my walls Edgecomb gray the trim, cabinets, ceilings, snd doors SW pure White. I love White Dove, but I will not risk the slight yellow undertone.

• bethb
    9 months ago

I'm getting ready to paint our den Edgecomb Gray. The mantle and trim are Queen Anne's Lace. I wouldn't choose it as it's a little too creamy for me but I don't think I can talk my husband into painting the trim or even having it painted. Would it be a huge mistake to put these two together. We just moved into this home and there's so much to do.

• Susan Jebbia
    9 months ago

What brand is your Queen Anne’s Lace?

• Susan Jebbia
    9 months ago

Look at the Hex to Ral website. Type in Queen Anne’s Lace vs. Edgecomb Gray, and it will allow you to use this great paint comparison website FREE. Queen Anne’s Lace falls under five different brands. It makes a difference which brand. Edgecomb gray is paired with a lot of off whites because it’s a great combo; however, I chose SW Pure White due to the yellow undertone that exists in off whites—dove white, alabaster, etc. I painted my trim and cabinets in Pure White satin, the ceilings in Pure White flat, and all of my walls, including bathrooms, in Edgecomb Gray flat. It’s beautiful 😍 I’ve attached a picture of the results. BTW, my floors are LWFlooring, Dallas, Texas, LVP, long and wide planks.

• Susan Jebbia
    7 months ago

Pure white + Edgecomb gray = Besutiful!

• Susan Jebbia
    6 months ago

Again, SW Pure White and BM Edgecomb Grey. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I am glad that I stayed away from the "off" whites due to any unexpected yellow that might have reared its ugly head. Just a heads up!!!!