Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikerno_1micha

Houseplants November 2016 photos!

myermike_1micha
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello, yet another month has gone by and it's now November...Do you have any nice houseplants this month you would like share photos of? Please do, since people like us can appreciate them much more than local people at times...Can't what to see what everyone has..

Here are a few of some others I have) Some colorful, some in flower and very fragrant, some citrus, and some just ordinary...

Lemon Tree

Not sure

Dracaena

Coleus

Not sure

Jasmine

Brungmanisa

Sweet Shari Baby Orchid

Orange Tree

Comments (66)

• nomen_nudum
    7 years ago

Sharing space is also understood it seems you may be a contender in the pretty kitty contest.

• nanzjade z5 MA
    7 years ago

The funny thing is she knows she's the Queen.

She dislikes the younger two cats, whom weigh twice as much.... doesn't stop her from getting first dibs on her favorite snacks.

myermike_1micha thanked nanzjade z5 MA
  • chippedchinaplate
    7 years ago

Nanzjade I love your beautiful Jade plants! That tierd planter is exactly what I need.

And yes, your kitty is beautiful.

• Photo Synthesis
    7 years ago

It has been unseasonably warm here where I live. It has cooled down, but not enough to warrant bringing my plants back indoors just yet. It's supposed to get down into the mid-30's this weekend, so I've moved my plants onto my plant shelf on my front porch so that I can cover them with my plant blanket. I'm also placing the cover over my small greenhouse in my backyard, to protect my plants back there. After this weekend, the nighttime temps will level out around the 50's, so my plants will get to stay outside for a little while longer. They are loving all of this autumn sunshine. If there was any rain, then it would be a different story. But there hasn't been any significant rain in a while now, and there is no rain in our 10-day forecast.

I have brought in a select few plants. One of them being my ZZ plant, which has exceeded my expectations. It has exploded with so much new growth this year that I'm not taking any chances with it. I may move it back outside after this weekend passes, so that it can enjoy the sunshine with the others and absorb even more energy to carry it through the winter months.

I have my ZZ plant here in my bedroom, and I can't get enough of it. I catch myself constantly glancing over at it, or walking over to check it out. I repotted it back in the spring, and I've noticed that its roots are already beginning to push against the pot and warping it. I guess it'll need to be repotted again this coming spring as well. Not that I'm complaining... :)

^ This is the earliest photo that I can find of it. I took this when I noticed it starting to grow new leaves. Little did I know is exactly how many it would send out...

^ This is how it looks now, in the corner of my bedroom, where I can enjoy it all winter long. I can still easily pick it up, but for its size, it is very heavy. So much dense growth. I can only imagine how much bigger it will get next season.

There is still plenty of room left on that table, and throughout the rest of my room, for the rest of my plants. But for now, my ZZ gets its moment in the spotlight. :)

myermike_1micha thanked Photo Synthesis
  • chippedchinaplate
    7 years ago

It's funny some plants I don't expect much from suddenly become one of my faveorits. I think yours is beautiful, and graceful. I may have to rethink my stance on zz plants.

myermike_1micha thanked chippedchinaplate
  • Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    7 years ago

Moonshine snake plant is preparing to bloom.

Kleinia/Senecio fulgens is blooming.

Most plants are inside or in GH, at least overnight.

myermike_1micha thanked Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
  • chippedchinaplate
    7 years ago

Purple, I love the colors and textures of that last photo. It's lovely, I can look at it all day.

• nanzjade z5 MA
    7 years ago

Thank you Chippedchinaplate for the compliment. The tierd planters are all from TJMaxx, they are shower stands. I just look for one that is sturdy enough, they vary in quality at the box stores.

Escolat, I'm glad you decided to show your plants! The first photo is especially gorgeous and the polytail palm is very striking. I wish I could have a large palm like that to remind me of the Caribbean's beauty and weather.

My brother texted me his TC photo today & I just love it (he ok'd me to post it).

My Cristen Aurea Variegata that arrived mid week....

-Nancy

myermike_1micha thanked nanzjade z5 MA
  • Debra (6a) West Ma.
    7 years ago

Tiffany...how exciting for your Moonshine! and that last pic is all beautiful colors & loving all the textures of all the different plants.

myermike_1micha thanked Debra (6a) West Ma.
  • goldstar135
    7 years ago

Beautiful plants everyone!

I'll get to taking some pictures of my plants :p

In the meantime, here's an appetizer!

To my excitement today, when I went to check on my plants, I saw something really awesome on one of my phalaenopsis orchids...

Do you see it?? Right above that yellowing leaf???

I think we have a flower spike! WOOO :D

myermike_1micha thanked goldstar135
  • Dave
    7 years ago

Getting decent growth under lights. 7' ficus is putting out a decent amount on top for this time of year.

myermike_1micha thanked Dave
    7 years ago

Jade, Kalanchoe orgyalis, pencil plant (Euphorbia tirucalli,) Echeveria 'Gray Red.'

The leaves on this donkey ears are HUGE! (Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri.) With more pencil plant & flapjacks (K. luciae.)

Too many to name in this wire thingie-turned-planter.
    Close-up of some of the gorgeous pencil plant colors.
    This mini jungle lacks only a tiny Tarzan.

Holiday cactus making buds, with Begonia & Coleus companions.

I can't keep strawberries alive, so these plants are owning this strawberry pot.

• myermike_1micha
    Original Author
    7 years ago

My goodness did this thread take off...Too fast for me to catch up but not so fast that I can't look at all the pics in this miserable weather and smile and thank you all for sharing such beautiful plants! Hard to believe there are so many that we can grow..Love them all))

I will have more to share later..

• myermike_1micha
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Escolat...Love that Lemon Meyer!! I am a bit partial there since I have been growing over 50 at my home as we speak!! They love room and light like that..

• escolat
    7 years ago

Thanks…My lemon is propped right in front of a southern facing window. It loves it and Foliage Pro! Please post a pic of those 50 lemons…Are they in a greenhouse? This sunny, mild fall has really been boosting great inside plant growth for me.

myermike_1micha thanked escolat
  • chippedchinaplate
    7 years ago

Escolat, your plants are gorgeous! I love your little tropical paradise!

myermike_1micha thanked chippedchinaplate
    7 years ago

Some greenhouse pics:

In house:

7 years ago

I finished potting up plants I'd put in the ground for summer vacation yesterday. Still only ended up with 104 pots, counting 2 mini gardens that stay outside. Since about 40 are in greenhouse, I'm way under my personal limit of 100 pots in the house. Some are much bigger than last year though... :+)

This one likes to accessorize.

The last ones to be dug up, 2 pineapples started from store-bought fruits. (Where it was all grassy before the drought. Brought inside after pic taken.)

• chuckerfly
    7 years ago

Here are my new acquisitions, assorted Tillandsias. They currently reside in my dining table.. :D

myermike_1micha thanked chuckerfly
  • Danielle N
    7 years ago

Need to water this guy a little less.

myermike_1micha thanked Danielle N
  • nomen_nudum
    7 years ago

Just a little pot bound on them roots.

myermike_1micha thanked nomen_nudum
    7 years ago

Kalanchoe longiflora is going to bloom!

More Kleinia/Senecio fulgens plants are going to bloom.

Can't get enough of this variegated Callisia.
    Coleus is still blooming in greenhouse.

7 years ago

Air plant is looking great.

Closer view of the trichomes (white spots, they are how air plants absorb moisture.)

Discovered buds on Kalanchoe laetivirens (one of the mother of millions/thousands plants.)

• Dave
    7 years ago

The top of my ficus is growing like crazy under the lights on 11 off 13 daily. My girlfriend won't let me keep them on longer as they light up the front yard after dark :)

Had to give a trim

Top after trim.

• nomen_nudum
    7 years ago

Today at the base of sill B

one from the mid shelf rack

Schlum. trunkata varigate Cv. Madame butterfly.

' Small pot' plant personal pick.

• Debra (6a) West Ma.
    7 years ago

My Holiday cactus

Sorry about the pic...it's dark here....this is my Salmon colored one..

2 cacti in this pot...1 pink and 1 white. very old.

I also have a Fuschia one in the same pot with a white one..

My 'Managers special' begonia has gorgeous blooms that are apricot with yellowish white at the edges.

• andy99mich
    7 years ago

Those are beautiful ;) Are those Jade plants I see in the back right of the second photo or young cacti?

• User
    7 years ago

Some new members to the family.

• User
    7 years ago

And these two!

• Debra (6a) West Ma.
    7 years ago

Killiandwarrior...that's all the same plant.

7 years ago

Holiday cactus (Schlumbergera truncata) with Begonia 'Medora' and Coleus. Repotted about 3-4 weeks ago.

• andy99mich
    7 years ago

Oh... XD well, your plants are beautiful :)

• nanzjade z5 MA
    7 years ago

Nomen, another great set. What an array of colors and blooms on your jade!! Reminds me of this little ghost...

Yellow noid TC...

Thanksgiving included checking in on my brother's plants...

‘Calamondin’ orange...
    Tiffany...as always, I love seeing your plants...kalanchoes and philos are fabulous!

-Nancy

7 years ago

TY, Nancy! Love yours too!

• nanzjade z5 MA
    7 years ago

Tiffany - Thank you! :)

• nomen_nudum
    7 years ago

@ nanz The Mrs is so found of that jade she had insisted I use a pest prevention method that would beat em all while it's outside.

currently it is a house plant holding on to very little of it's early fall pinker colors

• myermike_1micha
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nomen, holy toledo!! That's amazing that cactus!! To think I have a sliver of that monster..Thank you and mines has quite a bit of rec tip..Exciting..By the way, is that CC the piece I gave you a year or two back???? I wonder..If so, wow!

Also, that Jade in flower, is that a small piece of my mother tree?

• nomen_nudum
    7 years ago

@ Mike IIRC wasn't the variegate 'madam butterfly' part of the egg and tea trade ?

Much to my surprise it did push out a bit of unexpected growth during the summer Go figure all drop no form while rooting up another for a more upright form

LOL Mike it's not a cacti sorry it's a Euphorbia lactea varigate with one side that's reverting back to a standard lactea on the red arrow side that also points to the piece that I rooted during late spring summer. It's just like your E. Lactea white ghost only not as white.

A) Either someone likes to cook em behind that glass or B) Maybe they forgot to move it inward for a bit of moving air Resulting in a few weeks with more comfortable lighting and a bit of aqua it is making progress. I think I'm going to enjoy the green gray/blue hues foliage color of them younger ones. So much in fact ...you'll not get it back LOL

• Debra (6a) West Ma.
    7 years ago

Coral cactus

'Manager's Special' Begonia

Pink mixed with white blooms

• goldstar135
    7 years ago

Finally got around to taking some pictures yesterday while it was sunny-

Mammillaria hahniana with a little guest:

-

Mammillaria pilcayensis

-

Ficus ginseng

-

My pride and joy-my Spathiphyllum

-

Spath in water

-

Pachira

• goldstar135
    7 years ago

Continued...

Cutting taken from my Aglaonema

The small leaf in the middle was the first leaf produced after it rooted.

-

Pink Phalaenopsis-

The last few blooms from when it was purchased back in Spring have faded, but two new spikes are branching out from the original spike! Can't wait :)

~

Purple Phal

The new spike is growing rather quickly! :)

-

Dendrobium keiki

myermike_1micha thanked goldstar135
  • myermike_1micha
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Goldstart, very nice!!! How do you water the roots to your Phals? I am curious...I have several and I am wondering what you do...

• myermike_1micha
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nomen, you are doing a great job with them..Thank you for sharing the pics and updates..The one you gave me is looking might colorful..I will post in December so that you can see...

• goldstar135
    7 years ago

Mike-

I'm assuming you mean the aerial roots? :p

I would use a small spray bottle but I lost mine a few months ago...it just simply vanished one day and I couldn't find it.

Now, I just take the white pot the orchid sits in, fill up with water, dip my fingers in (wash hands before :p), and carefully drip water on the roots so that they turn green. I have a paper towel nearby in case water gets in between the area where the leaf meets the stem. It's getting really dry in my house right now and as a result the aerial roots are shriveling a bit. I've been doing my best to drip as much as possible to keep them from dessicating. It seems to be working okay so far :p

7 years ago

These Schlumbergera truncata blooms have opened.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    7 years ago

Mike

I was looking over your photos again, and noticed plant with white flowers in your first set of photos - you said is brugmansia. I have few, and they do not look like your plant at all - pendulous flowers that are quite large, and large leaves:

I know that there are many different cv, and also datura that is referred to as brugmansia very often - that one has smaller flowers and leaves. But they still look bigger to me than your plant. Do you have photo from different angle? What is the cv if you know? TIA.

• chippedchinaplate
    7 years ago

I was delighted to find this, this morning.

7 years ago

It's December now. Should somebody start a new discussion?

• Debra (6a) West Ma.
    7 years ago

Here are just a few

Chinese Evergreen w/new growth coming up
    Philodendron 'Brasil'
    1 of 5 Amaryllis coming up
    Philodendron 'Satin'
    Alocasia 'Black Shield'

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews