How can so many Americans be so stupid?

Comments (36)

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Just wait.

• desertsteph
    7 years ago

me too ingeorgia! I saw that he won GA. I was smiling ear to ear when they called it for him in the wee hours.

• eld6161
    7 years ago

It is what it is, let's move on and hope for the best.

• desertsteph
    7 years ago

yep

• Shades_of_idaho
    7 years ago

I just refuse to talk politics. It was a very close election. So we wait and see what happens. Pray for the best and make as much difference in our own little spaces as possible. I held the door for a crippled lady at the dollar store yesterday. Waited while she apologized for moving so slowly. Every one just needs to do their part to help others now.

• mushcreek
    7 years ago

The two worst candidates in history, and SC doesn't allow write-ins. Glad that phase is over.

• zorroslw1
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Yuqp, just wait...... And hold on to your #%s

They are so stupid because the majority of them don't follow news and politics, so they follow the pied piper.

• vintageliving
    7 years ago

Ingeorgia and desertsteph, i've been doing the happy dance since the wee hours of Nov. 9th. I feel, deep in my heart, that the deaths of those 4 Americans in Benghazi will finally be vindicated. Shades_of_idaho, what a smart lady you are for not expressing political views (but I always knew that you are a smart lady). GW friends, I think we should take the "stupid" word off this forum b/c it's just plain stupid. Zorroslw1, if you only knew how much conservatives read and follow news and politics it would make your head spin. We have no pied piper; we do not have pack mentality; we are individuals and act as such. Did you not notice the number of Republicans who were against Mr. Trump and for Mrs. Clinton?

• User
    7 years ago

To bad the deaths of those 4x1000= 4,000+ American soldiers due to nonexistant WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION (remember those four buzzwords?) will never be vindicated. I used to design and manufacture their body armor.

• zorroslw1
    7 years ago

Pete_powell

My daughter wore your body armor when she was deployed to Iraq in 2005/2006.

I totally agree and President Bush and vice president Cheney should be charged with war crimes. Not for knowingly lying about WMDs, but for authorizing the CIA to torture prisoners which is against the Geneva Convention.

• User
    7 years ago

We now see how the obamination is making the transition "smooth" for President elect Trump. I do not know what is ahead but I am very thankful it will not be a further continuation of his policies.

vintageliving and desertsteph, there were no killary/kaine yard signs or stickers anywhere, but there were Trump/Pence which gave us hope. I have been an Independent for a long time, I want the best person for the job of running this country.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Well, now we know who the "haves" are and who the "have nots" are.

Just wait.

• User
    7 years ago

Happy New Year. Thank your daughter for serving our country.

• vintageliving
    7 years ago

@pete_powell Columbus, O-Hand and zorroslw1, I agree with you that we should not have been there and Bush and Cheney should be charged. It was a horrific political move. A brilliant young man that I taught lost his life. I voted neither for W nor his daddy. I have never voted straight ticket GOP b/c I don't have pack mentality. For the record, I am a registered democrat.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Excerpt from this oil investor newsletter -
    Full agenda for new Republican Congress.
    The new session of Congress takes effect today, and with Republicans in
    full control of both chambers and an ally soon to take the White House,
    their agenda is chalk full with Republican priorities. While
    higher-profile controversies will dominate the headlines, such as the
    repeal of Obamacare, some energy items could move forward quickly and
    with less fanfare. Nominations to the key agencies will come early on,
    but other issues are slated to see action as well: a withdrawal from
    Paris Climate accord; scrapping a suite of Obama-era environmental
    regulations; and the approval of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access
    Pipelines, among other items. The next few months will see a flurry of
    activity from Washington, so investors need to keep an eye on the policy
    arena as a shakeup is coming.

Countdown to the end of the world now in progress.

• mushcreek
    7 years ago

Funny; I thought that this was the Smaller Homes Forum...

• User
    7 years ago

I stumbled in here bc someone had just responded to this thread and it caught my eye on the front page. I figure anyone posting to "smaller homes" cant be all that bad. :) Back to conifers, peace out.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

If you aren't interested just scroll on by.

• zorroslw1
    7 years ago

I hope the majority of the people at the inauguration wear all black, fitting for the death of American democracy.

• desertsteph
    7 years ago

"We now see how the obamination is making the transition "smooth" for President elect Trump. "

I had no doubt... I expect more to come in next few days.

" I thought that this was the Smaller Homes Forum..."

I did too.

• mushcreek
    7 years ago

Sorry to be an old grump, but this topic seems to be everywhere. Work, church, the Thanksgiving table. It was bad 8 years ago, worse 4 years ago, and really bad now. I didn't approve of the outgoing guy, nor do I approve of the new one, but it is what it is. I can think of no better way to take down a nation than to get everyone bitterly divided. Good luck!

• worthy
    7 years ago

H.L. Mencken said it best: "Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."

• desertsteph
    7 years ago

isn't there a political forum for this topic?

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

If you aren't interested just scroll on by. Don't feel compelled to participate.

• mushcreek
    7 years ago

To be honest, when I saw the title, I assumed that someone had spent the big bucks on a renovation or something to do with their house, and was sickened by the results. I really didn't expect to find politicking on our friendly little group here. There are tens of thousands of other forums for that elsewhere.

• User
    7 years ago

I've had to stop reading the news, and gotten out of all my news forums. I can't take it. I'm literally having nightmares and migraines. I turn 65 this year, and just going through getting Medicare set up is a nightmare. If they cut it back, I won't be able to live. I've seriously looked into retiring to Mexico for a cheaper cost of living.

• desertsteph
    7 years ago

dirtygardener - don't stress over that. I don't think that will happen. those at our age should be fine. it's the younger ones coming up to it in the next decade or so that could be in trouble.

it took me 5 yrs to get disability (started back in the early 2000s), so I drained all of my savings to live thru those yrs. It's a 'tight' living but doable. thank goodness at this stage in life there isn't much I 'need'. just the basics.

can you imagine the mess our gov is in that it took all those yrs? I was told that the AZ/CA area disability was 5 yrs behind in processing. I hope that we can now get the budget whipped into shape. He gets buildings done under budget and early - so let's just hope and pray he can do it for this country.

he's also already cut the cost of the new AF1 and cut the cost of new fighter jets on order for the military. I expect he will be cutting budgets in all depts.

I'd like to see the benefits for congress cut back. they live and retire high on our $s. And I'm betting gov employees that aren't working but are being paid will be a thing of the past very soon. and even the draining of our national budget for all of the empty 'gov' owned buildings around the country will be done away with. We spend a fortune in upkeep, taxes and security for all of those gov buildings that are no longer in use. Our gov leaks and loses $s in the millions and billions and no one blinks an eye in gov. I think this guy will be blinking... the state dept 'lost' 6M $s and no one can account for it...and no one has been held accountable for it.

• worthy
    7 years ago

'lost' 6M $s

Uh, no. It's $6 trillion. And it's not the State Department that lost it. Just the US Army. And they didn't really lose it. Just can't account for how it was spent, according to the the Defense Department's Office of the Inspector General. I'm sure the other services are run much better.

• desertsteph
    7 years ago

Uh, no. It's $6 trillion

that's even more in another dept then. this amount I posted about was from the state dept. and wasn't in the Ts. I do think it was 6 M missing under HRC in charge. we sure don't hear about it much.

• Debbie Downer
    7 years ago

So here we are barely three weeks later. #45 botched Yemen and a US soldier dead. His emails & tweets go out on his same old unsecured smart phone. He has 6 Goldman Sachs CEO's and former alumni in prominent positions.

The beat goes on.

• llucy
    7 years ago

For anyone who is interested in political discussion...there is a forum called Hot Topics that is part of Houzz. You can find it by putting your cursor on Stories & Advice on the top of Houzz page, then clicking Gardenweb discussions >, Garden forums, then scrolling down under the letter H where you will see Hot Topics.

Not to discourage anyone from posting what's on their mind here, but Hot Topics does generate more discussion on political topics than the forums geared toward home improvement. :=)

• phoggie
    7 years ago

I was hoping to stop in for some enlightenment on smaller homes...and was surprised to see politics being discussed here! Don't we have enough of this on every media and let's keep this as a "soft place to land" to get away from politics?

A special "hi" to Lavender Lass and you friends who so kindly helped me when building my smaller home!

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

If you aren't interested you could just pass this one by. Or do you participate in every thread?

• desertsteph
    7 years ago

hi phoggie! yes, more than enough in the media...there'll be a new Tues thread tomorrow - join us on it.

lass hasn't been here for a time. she's been busy writing stories. she does pop in now and again.

hope all is well for you and you're enjoying your new home. don't stay away so long!

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

This post was made November 9, 2016. The only reason it keeps coming to the top is because someone complains about it being here. Keep complaining and it will keep coming to the top.