Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amyjj58

Anyone have experience with the Samsung Chef Collection appliances?

Amy J
7 years ago

My friend has the 34 cubic feet 4 door flex fridge and loves it. I am considering the same. Anyone have experience with the 30" gas flex duo range and the dishwasher? Suggestion of something better but still commonly available? Thanks

Comments (12)

• ssharris03
    7 years ago

I have the 4 door flex fridge and love the pullout drawers (soft close no less) in the freezer. So easy to organize and find what you need. I didn't think we would use the sparkling water dispenser, but it's fun and useful for parties. Also have the Chef Collection induction range which is great.

• Anon Username
    7 years ago

I think Samsung dishwashers have a pretty bad reputation. From what I've seen on this forum, owners of the induction range have generally been happy. Consumer reports rates some of the Samsung refrigerators pretty well.

I'd probably be comfortable with the range and fridge, but would probably look elsewhere for the dishwasher.

• townlakecakes
    7 years ago

I have a Samsung dishwasher. It's the one with a third rack for silverware and it has the storm wash feature. Regular price is $849. We got it on Black Friday sale. I love it. We don't rinse anything and most of the time use the 1 hour express wash. The odd thing comes out less than sparkling on the express wash. It's pretty rare on the full cycle. We originally used kirklands detergent from Costco. It does even better with the cascade complete.

Incidentslly, we also have a French door refrigerator and standard gas "convection" range that were very pleased with as well.

Amy J thanked townlakecakes
  • mabeldingeldine
    7 years ago

I love my Samsung fridge, but have heard nothing much good about the DWs, I have a Bosch DW and LOVE it.

• J
    7 years ago

I have the Chef's Collection induction range. If this is what you're considering, let me know and I'll be happy to give my opinion.

• Sue 430
    7 years ago

Jen, I'm not the original poster, but am thinking of purchasing the Chef's collection induction range and would love to hear your opinion. Thank you!

• Anon Username
    7 years ago

Jen Mark, could you tell me if the induction cooktop "pulses" on/off/on/off at low temperatures? For example, if you are trying to simmer something at a low setting, does the cooktop maintain the low temperature simply by turning on for a few seconds, then turning off, then back on, then back off, etc etc.? Or does it actually stay on constantly just at a low power? One way you can tell is by putting a pan with like 1" or so of water in it on the cooktop, bring it to a boil then drop it to a low simmer. Does the pattern of the bubbles appear to be periodically changing indicating that the cooktop is pulsing on and off?

• ssharris03
    7 years ago

Anon Username, my Samsung induction does not pulse off and on. Stays on constantly at the power you put it on. Much nicer to cook with than my old electric smoothtop which did pulse. I've been very happy with it so far.

• Anon Username
    7 years ago

ssharris, thanks so much for the reply. And yeah, the pulsing on my electric cooktop is exactly why I am thinking about switching to induction, so I want to make sure to get one that does not pulse (apparently some do)!

• J
    7 years ago

Sue McGrath - I'm not happy with it, unfortunately. The dual oven is only usable with a 75 degree difference or less. Discovered when I was trying to low-and-slow some ribs in one cavity, and roast veggies in the other. Can't do it. Can't brown a chicken in one oven and bake casserole in the other. Dumb. Also, it takes FOREVER to preheat. Like, over 10 minutes to get to 425. I've also had issues where I'm roasting something, need to turn it/adjust it, and the oven never comes back to the proper temperature. I'll open the oven, flip veggies or whatever, close it, and it takes about 5 full minutes to get back to 400...where it stays...when it was originally roasting fine at 425.

I don't know if this is a learning curve with the convection setting, as I haven't tried it on the normal setting yet. But as it stands, I'm preparing to send it back for the non-chef collection. I paid a ton more money for this one basically because of the "double oven" feature...which I can't really use.

Anon Username - it doesn't pulse, it remains steady. Unless you lift the pot off the burner, it then turns off completely until you replace the pot on the burner. This is irritating when I'm stir-frying something at high heat. Doesn't work so well as when you flip the food around a bit, the pan takes a bit to heat back up once it comes back in contact with the stovetop.

• Sue 430
    7 years ago

Thank you!