Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leannmb

I can't Visualize!

LB3
7 years ago
Hi! We have been in our house for about 4 years. Every year I try to figure out a way to add some charm to my front yard, and every year is a flop.
I want to make the yard feel homey, cottage" look. I love hydrangeas, boxwood, and coleus. I also like Black Eyed Susan's (which I may regret planting in front of the porch area). I'm not a "formal" or "bold" person so nothing too proper or crazy. Lol
Can anyone help me? I wanted a more cohesive look, I am scared to add color (other than white) but if I did red gets my attention. I also love the look of porch planters but can't figure out if they should be on the porch or on the garage side of the house.
I can't do anything to the sidewalk, as much as I would like to.
I'm posting pictures of the house and the areas that I can't figure out. (Most of the shrubs were planted when we bought the house). I wanted to add something tall to the "corner" in front of the porch, add some height on the corners of the garage...and really I don't even know what else.
I live in MD (and I can't remember my zone). Also, the pictures are taken on a rainy cold post winter day.
Thank you!!!!

Comments (4)