Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
javi6996

Can you please tell me what type of roof that is? (color, brand)

Javi
11 years ago
Stanwood Equestrian Residence, Stanwood WA · More Info

Comments (22)

• PRO
    Nantucket Home
    10 years ago
    Can you please tell me the color paint used?
  • rsraburn
    10 years ago
    what is the stone brand, name ,and color
  • PRO
    Dan Nelson, Designs Northwest Architects
    10 years ago
    This house has a stucco exterior finish and the color is integral to the product, so the home will never need to be painted again.

The stone is Eagle Mountain Ledge Stone, from Montana.

Thanks for asking !
    Dan
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Yes it is an AEP product.
  • cindyfargo
    10 years ago
    What type of wood is used on the door??
  • kirbydog4
    10 years ago
    Hi, How wide/far apart are the seams on the roof? Thanks.
  • kirbydog4
    10 years ago
    Really? So from one seam to the next there is 16" over roof in between?
  • kirbydog4
    10 years ago
    *of roof
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Hi Kirby

Take a look at the AEP 16 " Skyline Roofing panel.

Take Care
  • kirbydog4
    10 years ago
    Thank you for your response. I took a look at the AEP 16". The home in this pictures looks like the roof seams are 12" apart or even less. It must be an illusion though? Maybe the angle of the picture? I'm glad you answered because we would have gone too narrow otherwise. Thank you! :)
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    No problem.

Glad to be of help.
    Dan
  • arroyosorrento
    10 years ago
    Do these roof panels have ribs or striations?
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Each metal panel is 18" wide with an interlocking seam. The ribs you see are where each panel interlocks. You can see how this works if you try googleing standing seam metal roofs.

Hope this helps.
    Dan
  • arroyosorrento
    10 years ago
    I meant the little rises in the metal on the flat part of the panels, between the seams. My roofer says they're important to prevent "oil canning" and I'm trying to decide which of the formations -- pencil ribs or striations, which are kind of wavy, would look best. Thanks for replying!
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    The roofer is correct the slight ridges in the panel do prevent oil canning.

Can the roofer provide sample roof panels for you to look at ?

The panels used on this house are manufactured by AEP.

Dan
  • hjs
    9 years ago
    This is great information. Dan, I wonder if you would offer your opinion on whether the striations are as important for standing seam roofs that are clip-fastened as they are for standing seam roofs that have a nail strip profile.
  • Rebecca
    8 years ago
    They look straited to me. I can't really see any ribs, just the waves of the straits. I too would like to have known what type was on this roof. I'm building now and have to choose a type. I have two samples, one 16 in ribbed and one 16 in straited, but it's difficult to tell which I want because I'd really like to see both on a home, like in this picture. I've heard, the flatter the panel, the more chances it'll oil can.
  • sueanng
    7 years ago

Beautiful home! Can you give me the color of your stucco? Thank you so much.

• PRO
    7 years ago

Hi Sue,

It has been a few years since we did that house.

Sorry I don't recall the exact color.

Take Care,

Dan

• greenlotuspottery
    6 years ago
    I had a 16" with pencil rib 24 gauge metal roof put on the house we are building. It severely oil canned. We were told this is not a "defect", just an unfortunate aesthetic. After months of complaining our brand new house should not look like this, I met with builder, their corporate, the metal manufacturer rep, and the roofers. The metal company said they'd give us the metal at cost, and the roofers might give a discount to redo. Hoping the builder doesn't expect any more money from us for this. We already paid 9k for the upgrade! Metal rep suggested going with the 12" panels with striations. It oil cans much less than the one we got. Wish I'd known that before!