Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
originalbestyears

Stocking Stuffer Ideas

Bestyears
6 years ago

The various gift ideas posts have been so helpful to me, I thought it might be fun -and helpful- to create a post solely for stocking stuffer ideas. A few years ago, my DD stayed up late one night and sewed brand new stockings for the entire family, using gorgeous fabric. They are just beautiful, but they are also HUGE! So, for the last few years, I've really focused on stuffing them with a few quality items instead of just fun, last-minute junk (although there is some of that too!) This means I've had to start earlier instead of just leaving it as a last-minute errand after the real gifts are taken care of.

Some of the things I'm getting this year:

Photo luggage tags and keyrings (I get mine from Nations because I love their photo quality, but I'm sure you can get them lots of places).

Good tanning gel for DD

SAXX underwear for my rock-climbing son.

Military grade flashlights from Amazon

Would love to hear more ideas!

Comments (23)

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

Not sure if this qualifies as a stocking stuffer but I love this perfume and love the convenient purse/travel size.

• LynnNM
    6 years ago

My go-to's every year include Chapstick with sunscreen for my golfer DH, and current fav lipstick for DD. Chocolates. a pair of earrings for DD. A new penknife for DH, as he is always carries one, and always seems to forget to pack it in his check-on bag when we travel. And, of course, security spots it in his pocket and takes it. A favorite new DVD or CD. Always an orange in the stocking toe.

• tackykat
    6 years ago

I got a 2-pack of nice book lights at Costco (with batteries included!) and am going to put one in the stocking I make up for my mom.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

There are a lot of versions of these out:

• Fun2BHere
    6 years ago

For the something sweet, I bought strawberry crisps and tomato crisps from Dardiman's this year.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

These cookies (one pack about the size of a candy bar) are yummy

• User
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I do a combined one for my DD and SIL. This year so far I’ve got Smart socks for her, a phone holder for each of their bikes, a red button the says “BullSh*t” when you press it, (my DD’s favorite cuss word), a new ornament for their tree, a pretty dish towel. I’m crocheting a messy bun hat for her and a new hat and scarf for him and a new flash drive for him.

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

Some of these are more young adult and some for all ages.

Scissors , tape (scotch, sports, duct or packing) , crazy glue, tape measure (you can never have enough), black permanent marker, a detangle brush or beard / hair brush. Watch strap link remover kit. Hair products.

Even my son liked this tiny sized Great hairspray.

• bothell
    6 years ago

For our adult family members: Starbucks cards, small boxes of good chocolates, charging cords, purse size hand lotions, good flashlites to keep in their cars, bulbs to plant for spring, spices & rubs for grilling, good grill brushes.

• Funkyart
    6 years ago

I just ordered a few things for myself from Levenger that would be great for a stocking..

this is the pen I ordered but they have a large number of pens in many styles and colors-- fountain pens, rollerball, ballpoint.

and also this peas USB hub

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

A bit bigger than a stocking stuffer, but something I always need. My cosmetic cases get ratty so quickly. Here are some cute ones from HB.

The top one and bottom one can be mongrammed.

ETA one more:

one one more .. card case w charm -- pink, black, cream

• ingeorgia
    6 years ago

I get the boxed candy (you can find almost anything in a box) each different ( one likes m &ms, one likes Mike and Ike and always Swedish Fish, found Moon Pie bites for dh). Ditto the socks, flashlites (small), the gals get jewelry and the guys a small tool. Each gets a different hot chocolate or two (you can buy a gift box with 11 different flavors in individual boxes) or you can buy tea in flavors.

For large stockings you could get each a stainless steel travel mug, slippers, winter scarfs/hats/gloves. Small paperbacks...one dil likes word find/puzzles. one fun thing....a small toy, bubbles...you can find fun things for adults if you look.

• jojoco
    6 years ago

I bought a bunch of the hair tie bracelets for stocking stuffers. (I slipped one in my own stocking because I think they are great).

etsy hair tie bracelet

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

If you have a Harbor Freight near there are endless manny man stocking stuffer things cheap but useful. These are great for women as well.

A pack of those teeny tiny little screw drivers , earplugs, a wall mount magnet for tools or knives, safety glasses , tire gauge, chip brushes, good picture hooks, furniture slides, a level, extension cords, little power strips, retractable utility knife (can't have enough), pepper spray, combination lock, car interior cleaning wipes ,little portable work light/ flashlights , tow strap, little voltage tester, and batteries for all the remote controls.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

We are going to FL in Feb and Tulum in March, so I figure a bikini is a stocking stuffer, right? Tory Burch has some great sales.

NOT a stocking stuffer but worth mentioning, they have a great deal on a duffle too. White w navy or navy w white

• Faron79
    6 years ago

Damn.....there's some good ideas here!

I, of course, was thinking Vikings Super-Bowl Tix!!!!! :-)

Faron

• Olychick
    6 years ago

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a stocking stuffer, or just a great gift for a woman, but last year I bought one of these phone carriers and I love it. It holds your phone, a secure sleeve for a credit card and i.d. plus room for little $$, like I slip a $20 in mine. Plus it has a long cross body strap - or a wristlet, but I love having my phone out of my hands and not in a purse. Great service from this company and good quality, too. I bought this one:

https://k-carroll.com/collections/iphone-6-8

https://k-carroll.com/collections/all-size-phones

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    6 years ago

Reusable tote bags. RuMe totes.

• eld6161
    6 years ago

DD (she's 28) just directed me to a company called The Ordinary. Beauty products that are not expensive. Don't ask me what they are, but I ordered some on her list.

They are small bottles, not expensive and good for the stocking.

• flowerpwr45
    6 years ago

Was going to mention SAXX underwear before I got to the end of your post! Beeswax food wraps were enjoyed, too. Abeego was a brand I found in Canada.

• Renovator Girl
    6 years ago

Eyeglass repair kits--they also work for sunglasses. : )

• Funkyart
    6 years ago

I happened on these playing cards over the weekend.. I ordered the Sea Creatures set and am considering ordering a few more. They have pirates, ships and other related themes (big water family here).