Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurelkfrancis

are towel warmers worth it?

Laurel Francis
6 years ago
We are building a house and have room for towel warmers in the master bathroom. I’ve been looking at both Amba and Tuzio. Has anyone installed either of these? Or has opinions on towel warmers’ effectiveness in general at really warming a towel enough to make a difference?
Thanks

Comments (20)

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    6 years ago

How much is a warm towel worth to you?

• homechef59
    6 years ago

I have heard that some people put a kitchen warming drawer in their bathroom vanity cabinet. It sounds very luxurious. I don't know if it is more cost effective than one of the wall units.

• ptreckel
    6 years ago
    How close to your bath is the laundry room? Throw your towels in the dryer before you step in the shower....and they will be toasty and warm when you get out! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist! )
  • algeasea
    6 years ago

I put an Amba towel warmer in my new master. Love it way more than I thought I would. It heats gently, but the towel is always toasty at the end of a shower. It's not anywhere close to as hot as the towel rails in houses I've rented in the UK and Europe. That's a good thing here in Northern California. Not sure if it's the RWH-CB Radiant Hardwired Curved model currently available, but it looks the same.

• opaone
    6 years ago

The rail style will sometimes work, often not so well in my experience. In the UK they are intended more for drying a towel than warming it. In some places the dampness will result in damp towels without them.

We are putting a Miele warming drawer in our master bath for warming towels.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    6 years ago

Warm towels are lovely - I've always wanted to have this, but it never happened and it's never going to happen - can't afford to do it right. My in-laws had this and it was wonderful.

• User
    6 years ago

YES!!!! 100% They're a standard thing in England. Luckily, we have radiator heat in our current house, including radiators in the bathroom. I'm spoiled with warm towels (and robe!). Do it. You will not regret it at all.

I like the idea of the warming drawer, too, though.

• doc5md
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Yes. Good grief yes!!! We have a plug in towel warmer. It’s amazing. The only thing is if the power goes out overnight for a bit, it doesn’t turn back on. Then, in the morning, I get a non-warmed towel. And. It pi$$es me off. Really. Badly. That towel warmer is one of the greatest bathroom conveniences ever!!

Lol. Do you get the idea that we love our towel warmer. We do. It’s awesome!

oh. And they dry them out better so the don’t get wet and musty. Amazing!!

• just_janni
    6 years ago

Warming drawer here - had 20 years. Doing it again in the new house - have a new wet rated one that will open right into the shower. One of my favorite little luxuries.

• beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    6 years ago

We're in Alberta and have put them in the bathrooms in our (hopefully soon-to-be-finished) house. We've enjoyed towel warmers while visiting friends and family in the UK and France and they're definitely worth it. The kids hang their pyjamas on them too : ) .

The ones we chose are the WarmlyYours Infinity hardwired models from Costco Canada.

• artemis_ma
    6 years ago

My heat vent is right under the bathroom towel rack.

No added expense!

• reba120
    6 years ago
    When we lived in a cold (winter) and humid (summer) our towel warmer was definitely worth the money. We used a different brand and it was hard wired.
  • remodelingincali
    5 years ago

@doc5md would you mind sharing the brand of towel warmer. I have the perfect spot for a wall mounted one near an outlet and want to know what brand and model would work the best, and if there is a way to hide the cord so it looks clean. I didn't think of this when the wall was open unfortunately, but if a plug in works well, I'd really like to get one. Thanks in advance.

• zneret
    5 years ago

Necro thread but I'll add a couple of cents...

We're on our second electric Tuzio. First was a tall Blenheim sold with the previous house. We ordered a Savoy because we found the extra bar width (~5.5") better for heating towels and the Blenheim wasn't wide enough.

Worth it in a cold climate (we only heat the house to 18-20C and heat pump drying seems to be less dry than heat pump) and it also dries the towels.

I believe the hardwire units do actually come with a Honeywell controller that you can set for on-off times (one cycle daily, 7 day setting IIRC), or use as a manual control. Don't order the controller if the sales people say it is not included and pick up the unit from a controls store if it isn't.

You will most likely have to open up the wall to mount it (safer/better if mounted on wood) so not too difficult to add the hardwirinh while you're at it. I DIY'd this 2nd install.

• riverrat1
    5 years ago

just_janni, Whoa! I need the model number of the Meile warming drawer that you have in your shower, please! That is just what my husband needs for after his showers.

• just_janni
    5 years ago

Hi - we ended up with a standard "wet rated" warming drawer from Viking to put in the shower. The wet rated are approved for outdoor kitchens - sorry don't have model number right now!

• Pinebaron
    5 years ago

Yes!

• User
    5 years ago

Love this one from Brookstone.

• PRO
    Onlytowelwarmers.com
    4 years ago

We have sold a lot of Amba and Tuzio towel warmers. Both brands are great choices. We would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.