Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

Cheesy Baked Brussels Sprouts

User
6 years ago

We had these for dinner tonight. And I WILL make them again -- they are delicious -- so good in fact that I think Brussels sprouts hating people would find them delicious! Found them on facebook this morning and made them this evening!

CHEESY BAKED BRUSSELS SPROUTS

10 oz. bacon

2 T. butter

2 pounds Brussels Sprouts (halved and stems clipped)

salt and pepper

5 cloves garlic, minced

1 1/2 c. cream

1 1/2 t. cornstarch mixed with 1 T. water

1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375

Cut bacon into cubes. Fry bacon until crisp, drain (put on paper towel lined plate). Keep 1 to 2 T. bacon fat in fry pan, add butter and melt. Add Brussels sprouts and salt and pep. Cook 6 minutes. Add garlic. Pour in cream, reduce heat to low and simmer 6 minutes. Add cornstarch. Add bacon, mix. Top with cheese. Stir. Bake 15 minutes.

NOTE: The original recipe also had a 1/4 c. of shredded Mozzarella (I didn't have any so I omitted).

I made only a half a recipe -- it is just the two of us and we licked our plates! Be sure that you use a skillet that can go into the oven.

Comments (6)

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

As you said Linda, bacon, cheese, garlic and cream goes over ANYTHING! We usually roast our sprouts (sometimes sprinkling with Balsamic) but this is definitely a keeper of a recipe!

• 2ManyDiversions
    6 years ago

Looks incredibly rich and good - something we'd love! I personally love brussel sprouts, served in any form. Thanks for the recipe, I've saved it for future use : )

• shirl36
    6 years ago

They are definitely on my to do list in the coming days ...Brussels sprouts first on the grocery list. Thanks for posting.

• nancyofnc
    6 years ago

This sounds so wonderful but DH can't have bacon so I roasted the Brussels sprouts and some garlic at 450F for 12 min. Spread Dijon and bit of heavy cream, s&p, heated in a pan - then topped with Parmesan. The addition of flour in your recipe made all the difference. Creamy and sticky for the sprouts.

• shirl36
    6 years ago

Finally got around to making Martha’s Chessy Brussels sprouts.

Dh HATES brussels sprouts, he first became acquainted with them in Marine Corps boot in 1952..

i fixed Martha’s recipe this past week. Set them on table, “just try this, you won’t die”...”hmmmm very good, what is it?” “Brussels sprouts”.....”well if Marine Corp had fixed them that way !” He will eat again.

I had a bit to much sauce but we ate it all anyway. So good!