Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ljfilippone

Is Benjamin Moore really the best paint??

Linda
6 years ago

We are getting close to painting the interior of our new home. We have built a few of our own homes in the past and we used Behr paint, in eggshell. Let me say, to me at the time (1994 & 2000) it was the best paint for durability! Going on was a challenge, you have to be very careful with overlap lines. If you could finish it perfectly, the durability over the years was fantastic! If a mark was on the wall, I could scrub and the wall would be fine. The house we painted back in 2000, we recently sold, (rented for 11 yrs) the walls were just as nice as when we painted them, 17 years. My husband washed them, that's it! Now, we have BM. It is the best as far as application, but, if someone sneezes, the wall is ruined! Anytime I have to wash a mark, the spot that was wiped never goes away! What I am trying to figure out, is Behr still as good as it was back 20 years? I heard SW is also good. What about California Paint? I have heard of Infinity paint for Behr, anyone use it? What paint have YOU used and do you love your walls??

Comments (4)