Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zillano9

Wolf, St Martin, Fabuwood? Help!

Mike Mombo
5 years ago

Hey there. We’ve gotten three different estimates done and of course they all use different cabinets. Anyone have recent experience with the brands I listed in the subject?

Seem similarly constructed, similar warranty, etc. but personal experience getting them installed or contractors experience is more than welcome. Thanks!

Comments (13)

• User
    5 years ago

Get out of the basement. Move up to an actual mid grade line. Unless you are in an entry level home or apartment.

• Mike Mombo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We were priced for Mouser Centra also...CWP is out of our price range I believe but was another carried by one of the contractors we spoke to.

• User
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Your cabinet budget should be 8-10% of your home’s value, with 20% overall being allocated for the renovation as a whole. In a HCOL, that would be less, and a LCOL, that would be more. This keeps you from underdoing or overdoing a renovation based on your neighborhood. The National average 64K mid grade kitchen renovation usually budgets 15-25K for cabinets.

http://www.remodeling.hw.net/cost-vs-value/2018/

• Katie
    5 years ago

What's a mid-range kitchen cabinetry brand?

• Mike Mombo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    We’re pretty happy with the St Marten shaker style cabinets we went with around the perimeter of our kitchen. The island is CWP which from everyone we spoke to is a higher end and we had a few issues with them but the island is finally done. Just waiting on backsplash now then paint and we’re all done. About 2 months total.

Attaching the before and the almost after. (Only one side also but you get the idea.)
  • User
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Cheepchinesecrapola 5 minute lifespan.

• Mike Mombo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    *wonderful Reno/kitchen/idea whatever....

non constructive and not helpful.
  • Lisa's Kitchen
    5 years ago

@Sophie Wheeler--what are your favorite mid-priced brands?

• Patrick Riley
    2 years ago

Sophie, I've been in the construction business for over 30 years, Wish I was as smart as you !

Lisa, Ask someone else ! Look for plywood boxes and dovetail drawers. No MFP and no particle board. Good starting point. Look for specs not names.

• Jennifer M
    2 years ago

Which brand did you go with? I just ordered Fabuwood and pray it holds up.

• Patrick Riley
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I have used full custom to Wolf. Depending on how you treat your cabinets is how they will hold up as long as there is reasonable quality. No particle board. You want to have enough quality to work with so if something happen(And it will) you have something there to be able to repair.

I have Solid Cherry inside and out that have been installed for 30 years with no issues but are now dated in comparison with the Shaker style used today, You couldn't sell shakers then. Will you remodel in 15 years? I wouldn't spend the money for real customs. I don't know Fabuwood but then again I didn't know wolf a few years ago. I suppose you should be fine. No particle board, no MFP and no Cabinet board what ever that is, glorified cardboard i suppose. This was a Wolf cabinet. This is a cheap as I would go. A little iffy on the build quality but the material quality is good. They just needed a little more glue and a few more nails. Not alot of colors but seems 85% of the cabinets sold are white and grey right now.

• Patrick Riley
    2 years ago

Here is a full custom in Cherry with a glaze.

• Patrick Riley
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Low to High in price. Oh Did I say NO PARTICLE BOARD !