Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lsmauney

Countertop/backsplash

Lucy C
5 years ago
Does the same veining continue from the backsplash to the countertop, or does it stop at the seam? My concern for using porcelain with strong veining is that if the veining on the countertop and backsplash do not line up, will the finished product look "pieced together"?

We are giving serious consideration to using porcelain slabs for our kitchen remodel, but it is a relatively new concept and it is hard to find answers for questions about it. However, I love the idea of minimal seams, and it gives such an updated clean look to the kitchen.

This is a beautiful kitchen, and it is my favorite photo of porcelain countertop/backsplash design in Houzz.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.
Custom white kitchen design · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Monarch & Maker
    5 years ago

Hello Lucy,

Thank you for your kind words. Regardless of the material, you can continue the pattern on the backsplash and over the edges, as long as, the slab is large enough to cover the area. Porcelain and Quartz (Caesarstone, Silestone, Colorquartz, etc) are available in larger size slabs than natural stone so it does make the process a bit easier. However, regardless of material type you can ask the fabricator to miter the edges just the same as they do with a porcelain, this will reduce the seams shown. I would recommend to find an interior designer, contractor, or fabricator that you trust to execute the project and help you along the way.

Good luck and I hope you find this helpful!

-Crimson Remodeling and Interiors