Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joanna_keeler

Luxury Vinyl Flooring - Aquarius WPC by Medallion

Joanna
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I've just about looked at every LVP (wood look planks) out there but was really struggling to find just the right color and pattern combination until I found Aquarius WPC by Medallion, color: Cabin Whiskey. The plank size is 5.5mmx7"x48" 20mil varied size planks and manufacturer allows an underpayment. Problem is, besides the manufacturers website, I can't find out anything about this floor. If anyone has anything to share about this product and hopefully pictures of it installed I would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Comments (9)

• Dodie
    5 years ago

I've also haven't had any luck finding reviews on the Aquarius WPC by Medallion. I'm considering Medallion Aquarius WPC Acacia MED-01797. DId you install this flooring in your home and/or find out any information about it? Any information would be appreciated.

• Joanna
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I really loved the sample of this product. I was convinced that this was the one. To make sure I ordered a box. I’m so glad that I did because the finish on the product ordered was not the same as the sample. The finish on the product I ordered was very drab and dry looking compared to the sample. I thoroughly cleaned it with the approved vinyl cleaner but this made no difference. The sample I looked at was matte with a slight sheen but what I got in the order was ultra matte no sheen. They do not offer different finishes. Some may like this but I think it’s too flat and would look much better with a slight sheen. There is an approved product that may have given a sheen but what’s the point of applying stuff to an easy maintenance product - defeats the purpose. Looking at the vinyl planks they were very thin and flexed very easily compared to Coretec Plus. I’d compare to Coretec One or maybe even a lesser product. If used you’d want to make sure your subfloor is perfectly level or you’d feel this floor flex under foot. I believe they allow an underlay which may be enough for some sub floors. They use the same locking system that US Floors/Coretec has the rights to and Medallion makes this product under license from US Floors (printed on the box) so you’re paying extra for using Coretec’s locking system. From my research the Coretec product is a much better product and doesn’t cost that much more. After looking for months and waiting for the Coretec Plus Premium to come out, I couldn’t find a vinyl plank that I loved so I’m going with solid hardwood. I decided I wanted flooring that has the potential to last years and years and I ultimately didn’t feel I’d get that with vinyl plank. Having said all of that if you like the flat matte finish and are looking at this grade/price point of vinyl plank it’s a winner. There aren’t many vinyl planks with a varied plank look and it would look fantastic in the right environment with the right expectations.
  • invitedink
    3 years ago

I installed (my Dad and I) Aquarius is my condo a few years ago. I have two dogs and a husband that is known to be really rough on things. It still looked brand new and beautiful when we went to sell (and it was the most commented on by potential buyers). I loved it so much that I am now installing California Almond in our new home. It's very different than the online sample and the board, as it is super variegated, but our local retailer was kind enough to open a box to let me see before we purchased.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    3 years ago

The sample and color is beautiful. Do not know much about the product. Following this post to learn more.

• Sydney Bradbury
    2 years ago

Wendy Lugo, do you have other pictures of the floor? In different lighting or in other rooms?

• gingerjo1
    9 months ago

This question is for the people commenting above who have installed this flooring. How has it held up? Do you still like it?

• Wendy Lugo
    9 months ago

Hi I’m two years in now and it looks like it did they day we installed it. No movement, no gapping, no nothing. Not even in water areas. No regrets. We love it!

• gingerjo1
    9 months ago

Thank you very much for responding. Having LVP Medllion floors re-installed in a couple of weeks.