Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_709693095

hi guys! i have a question, help me please

HU-709693095
5 years ago

First, unfortunately I have no way of posting photos as my camera recently died. I have a desert rose plant about 1-2 years old that has newer leaves at the ends of the branches that are curling under at the tips and there are TINY black dots under the curl, as well as a few here and there on some of the other leaves which can easily been wiped off. I've done some research and can't find anything that looks like it. This plant had recently been replanted after undergoing serious root rot damage removal. The plant was hung for 2 weeks after the cut areas were covered with cinnamon and allowed to dry. It was then planted in dry soil mixture (combination of coco coir, perlite and potting soil). It has been less than a week since being planted and it has not yet been watered (as per advice I received). Should I start with wiping down the leaves with rubbing alcohol? I don't have neem oil but I'll get some if I need to. This poor plant doesn't need something else to deal with!

Comment (1)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

If they are VERY small - smaller than a pinhead but still observable with the naked eye, they might be chasmothecia, structures serving as part of the sexual phase (as opposed to the asexual phase) of powdery mildew reproduction. There are, however, many other possibilities that present as black dots on leaves.

Al