Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katgirl38

Just found out 1 of my Specimen Maples have 2 years AFTER I planted

Katrina Spears
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi creatives! I don't want my backyard looking like a circus. I had a diseased elm cut down and replaced that area with a Cloud 9 dogwood. ( my yard is more rectangle) on the other side of the yard, I recently planted a Burgundy Lace Japanese Maple. I thought it would be a nice compliment

Both are currently sitting under a Silver Maple and Maple Tree. I'm also getting a new She Shed that will be custom built. Today I hear from my Tree Trimmer that the Maple Tree that will go next to the newly built shed, has about 1-2 more years. This was my specimen tree for my understories.

Any Suggestions that would be nice with my newly planted trees? I'm also planting Oak Leaf Hydrangeas and other green/Whites neutrals with textures. My Victorian is behind a church so I'm trying to replace my privacy with an updated look. I've attached photos. Thank you for responding with Suggestions.

The Maple that has to come down is next to the current shed that will be demolished in about 3 weeks

I've added at the very bottom Gardens that I tend to lean towards.

Did I say Thank you in advance for any suggestions? we purchase this 1889 restored home 6 years ago so the tree's are pretty old :)

Less Lawn More Garden · More Info

San Juan Island Waterfront Residence - Project 157 · More Info

Comment