Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artfortheheart

grout color discontinued, help

Michelle
5 years ago
For our boys bathroom, we have white cabinets with white/grey cultured marble countertop. We picked out white tiles with a bright blue grout like so in the picture for the floor. Yesterday our tile contractor texts us to inform us that the blue grout has been discontinued and he offers us a teal green color as an alternative. I’m not a fan of the teal green alternative. I need to pick out a different tile now, no way I’m doing white tiles anymore without that pop of color. Any ideas? I really want to avoid the grey tile route, it feels outdated to me. Help???

Comments (13)

• One Devoted Dame
    5 years ago

Bright blue/aqua tile with navy grout?

What are y'all doing for the shower/tub area's tile? White shower curtain? None? Are you gonna have a standard white toilet, or can that be blue, too? Or a white toilet with a blue lid?

Do y'all have an architectural style?

• Michelle
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Wysmama- good idea! Thanks!
  • Michelle
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    One devoted dame, I asked for help not for snarky comments.
  • nini804
    5 years ago

Wow, that looks really cool & different...I’m not a grout expert but can’t a color be custom mixed on site? I hate that you need to give up your design!

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    5 years ago

I liked the idea of the blue, but love the idea of black grout even more!

• geoffrey_b
    5 years ago

That dark color grout is going to show any imperfection in the tile installation - including small chipping, or spacing. I'd go with white.

• pattyl11
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Since you don't want grey tile, I would do a grey grout similar in color to the veining in your counter top with the white subway tiles or white hexagon tile. The whole room would be a neutral but you can add your pop of color with art work and towels etc. These are things that can be changed when you tire of them.

• jemimabean
    5 years ago

I love the idea of something different. If you want to stay with blue, what about something like this? Blue hexagon tile

• galore2112
    5 years ago

Isn’t there another grout brand with blue grout?

• PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    5 years ago

I would go for a light to medium grey to navy or the ever classic white. Weather it be a boys bath or not I think more subdued colors will give you more mileage and you will not get sick of them over time. I love the look of subway with white. i am more of a person to add the colors on the accessories and vanities. You can easily replace either. Tile on the other hand is much harder to replace and requires lots of $$$.

• One Devoted Dame
    5 years ago

:-(

One devoted dame, I asked for help not for snarky comments.

I promise, I have read and reread my comments, and I can't figure out how I'm being snarky. :-(

I only asked the other questions so that I could get an idea of how the entire bathroom looks, in order to make suggestions. I really am SO sorry it came across as snark. As many folks here can tell you, Snark totally isn't my style! :-(

Again, so sorry I ended up offending you. TOTALLY unexpected and NOT what I wanted to do! :-(

(Was it the bright blue/navy idea? I have that combo in my kids' bath [not tile, but still...] and love it, so I thought I'd pass the idea on, in case it appealed to you, lol. The white potty with blue lid idea came to me because a poster here on GardenWeb has a white potty with a black lid and I thought it was cute. Again, so sorry!!!!!)

• stumpydarby
    5 years ago

There are different grout companies. I literally was having this discussion with my tile person a few days ago. (I ended up going with super cool blue tiles and gray grout … but my second choice was white tile with blue grout.) My tile wasn’t for a floor … but you get the idea

I bet you could find that specific grout somewhere. (Just because it has been discontinued doesn’t mean someone doesn’t have it in a store or online.) If you can’t find that brand, go with another. You have options. Don’t settle!

If you really want a different tile, you could do blue penny round or hex. Be and have fun! Good luck.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz